Unable To Locate Company File Error Sage 50
- 1 Unable To Locate Company File Error Sage 50
- 2 Why Sage 50 Program Won’t Find Company Files?
- 3 How To Resolve Sage 50 Finding Company File Failed Error?
- 3.1 Method 1: Check the System Hosting Company data:
- 3.2 Method 2: The Company File has Never Been Active in the new Version:
- 3.3 Method 3: Search the registry to find the previous version:
- 3.4 Method 4: Check incorrect permissions or if it is locked:
- 3.5 Method 5: Check Mapped Drive is Disabled:
- 3.6 Method 6: Verify the INI(Configuration) file on the system:
- 3.7 Method 7: Company File Backup Restore:
- 4 Another Way to Locate Your Sage 50 Company File
- 5 Cannot find Sage 50 company after installing/upgrading. How can find Sage 50 company?
- 6 If you do not see your company on the list of companies to open
- 7 Assistance Sage 50 cannot find Company File
- 8 FAQs: Didn’t Find Company File Sage 50 Windows 11, 10, 8, or MAC
When performing the processes such as Data restoration, opening data file installations, and upgrades sometimes the process interrupts because of the unavailability of the company file or Sage 50 Failed To Open Company File issue. The Sage 50 Cannot Find Company File error mainly happens when there are missing files, corrupted data paths in a file named configuration (INI) on a system, incorrect permissions, or data path errors. There might be several other factors triggering the company file errors let’s learn them through the below troubleshooting guide.
Why Sage 50 Program Won’t Find Company Files?
What are the Primary Causes of the Sage 50 cannot Find Company Files Error?
- Wrong data path in a file named configuration on a workstation
- The company file has not been active in the new version</li>
- Company file stored in a different location instead of the data path
- The company file was mistakenly overwritten through a different company
- Company files are only used through Remote Desktop
- Data loss after Windows 7 or XP upgrades
- The workstation has been installed locally through a mapped drive
- Switch from a single-user license to multiple user license
- Wrong permissions
- Installing the system to a new system using a new data path
- Incorrect data path
- Companies’ files browsing in Automatic Backup configuration restrict the program
- Missing.SAJ or.SAI file
- The data folder and icon file names are different
- The company file has been migrated to another server or a shared folder
- Company data has been shifted to a new system
- Hidden files in the SAJ folder
- Not created Multi-user
- The Sage 50 Data Backup file has not been created properly
- The data file is being shared on multiple systems & the data file is on a different release/version
- The company file is stored in a SAJ Folder restricting Sage 50 while the backup restore
- Lost system connection
- Some files such as auto.cnf and sync state files are missing in the SAJ folder
- If the system found a pound sign (#) in the data file
While there are lots of causes behind Sage 50 Unable To Open Company File hence user have to closely inspect the warning message .
How To Resolve Sage 50 Finding Company File Failed Error?
Here is the list of steps to rectify the failure to find the “company file” issue:
Method 1: Check the System Hosting Company data:
- First of all, verify the computer that is hosting the company file-enabled connection manager or the correct connection manager.
- Now install the Sage 50 connection manager in the system(Server) with the below steps:
- Initially login to the location of the server
- Next, download the Sage 50 version system using the official website
- Now run file
- Choose the language
- Click OK
- Choose Install tab
- In case there is an enabled Windows Firewall then you will view a window asking the question If you need a windows firewall automatically configured to operate with Sage 50
- Click the Advanced tab if the server only contains the data file and none of them access the application on the server
- Click the Next tab to begin
- Choose the Server-only tab for the server components in Sage 50
- Hit the Finish tab once completed
- Open the company file using the system
- Click the Help button on the Home page
- Hit the About Sage 50 tab
- Enter the version & release option
- Open the system that you are unable to launch the company
- Click Start 50
- Choose Open Sample Company using the welcome window
Method 2: The Company File has Never Been Active in the new Version:
- Choose File button
- Click Open company file or if there appears the main window
- Hit on the tab named Open an existing company
- Choose Browse
- Click on the company file in the list
- Choose Ok to precede the conversion wizard
- Check the company appears on the list after you close or reopen the Sage 50-US Edition
Method 3: Search the registry to find the previous version:
- Hit the Windows key & R simultaneously to display the run window
- Click on the option which says Open
- Enter Reg edit
- Choose OK
- It will display the company located in the previous version, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Peachtree\Version\XX\Open History\XXXX.
Method 4: Check incorrect permissions or if it is locked:
- Check the company folder is not right or locked
- Check the inherited properties folder of the parent shared folder
- Now should view and open the company file
Method 5: Check Mapped Drive is Disabled:
Map the drive on the system to the data location with the below steps:
- Hit Windows+E button
- Choose This PC tab
- Select the Map Network Drive button along with the menu at the top
- Click on the required drive letter
- Hit Browse tab
- Choose the system to map with the shared folder
- Hit OK and then choose the Finish tab
Method 6: Verify the INI(Configuration) file on the system:
- Firstly find the data path
- Check the data path & program path
- Search the INI file location
- Open the suitable PeachtreeXXX.ini file according to the program version
- Discover DATAPATH=.
- Modify the content after the = to apply the right data path
- Click on the File button
- Choose Save
- Now close the file named INI
- Now close the file named INI
- Re-open the Sage 50 program
- Choose File button
- Click the Open Company tab
- Check the company file in the list
Method 7: Company File Backup Restore:
- Open Sage 50
- Choose the File option then click the Restore tab
- Hit Browse tab
- Choose the required backup
- Select Open tab
- Click Next button
- Choose the required restore method from below:
- Create a new company file with a New Company
- An existing company
- Choose Next button
- Click on the required restore options:
- Web Transactions
- Customized forms
- Company Data
- Intelligence reporting reports
- Check the restore options
- Choose Finish button
Another Way to Locate Your Sage 50 Company File
Exercise prudence when utilizing the following product features. Prior to proceeding with any complex solutions, make sure to generate a backup of your data. In case of need, it is recommended to consult a competent Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
Step 1: Accessing the File Location in Sage 50
To locate the file, launch Sage 50 and follow the steps below:
- Choose the File option, then click on Properties to access the file name and location.
- Select the blue hyperlink.
- A Windows Explorer window will open, displaying the precise file location.
Step 2: Retrieving the File Location in Sage 50
In case you are unable to locate the file and haven’t made any changes to your computer recently, follow these instructions:
- Access the Open Company window.
- Click on the inverted triangle located within the filename box.
- The list of previously accessed file locations will now appear below the filename box.
- Select the relevant file and click Open to open it.
Step 3: Utilizing Windows Search Tool
The Windows Search Tool can also be employed to locate your Sage 50 company files. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Open the Windows File Explorer by holding down the Windows key and pressing E on your keyboard.
- Click on the View option, followed by Options, and then Change folder and search options.
- Select the Search tab.
- Check the Include compressed files (ZIP, CAB…) option.
- Click OK.
- In the search text field located on the top right corner of the Explorer window, type *.sai and press Enter. You can also search for *.cab (backup files).
- All Sage 50 files with the .sai extension will be displayed in the search results.
- Go through the list until you locate your company files. The path to the file on your computer will also be provided within the search results.
Step 4: Employing the Command Prompt
The Command Prompt can also be utilized to search for Sage 50 company files. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type in “cmd” and press OK to launch the command prompt.
- Type in “dir /s /p C:*.sai” in the command prompt, and then press Enter.
- Note: This command will search the whole C: drive and will display the location of any file with a .sai extension. If you are searching for another drive on your computer, replace C with the relevant drive letter (e.g., D).
Step 5: Alternative Methods for Searching for Sage 50 Company Files
If you are having trouble locating your Sage 50 company file using the methods outlined in the previous steps, you can try one of the following alternative methods:
- Method 1: There is a *.ini file on your computer that stores information about the last five Sage 50 company files that you opened. You can locate this file in Windows 7 and higher by typing the following command in the command prompt: ‘%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Simply Accounting’ in Start, Search Programs and files, and press ENTER.
- Method 2: If the automatic backup feature is enabled in your Sage 50 company file, you can find the default path for the backups at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\backups
- Method 3: Search for the ibdata1 file using the Windows search tool. The ibdata1 file is a critical file in the *.SAJ folder. If the search results show a ZIP or CAB file, it means that the ibdata1 file is within a backup file. If the search result shows a “file” type, the path or location will indicate the location of the SAJ folder. Look for the location with the most recent modified date.
- Method 4: By default, the Windows search tool does not search all areas of your computer. To find SAI or SDB files inside CAB files, you can check the last checkbox below. Follow these steps to access this option:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select Tools, Folder Options, Search, then Include compressed files (ZIP, CAB…)
- Method 5: If you have recently made a backup and want to restore it but cannot remember where it was saved, open the Sage 50 company file from which the backup was created. Follow these steps:
- Select File, then Backup
- Take note of the File Name and Location; this is where the last backup was saved
- Select Cancel
- Follow the remaining steps to complete the restore process.
Additionally, you can also find previously created automatic backups. Copy the desired .cab file with the appropriate date to your desktop and proceed with the restore.
Cannot find Sage 50 company after installing/upgrading. How can find Sage 50 company?
- After installation, my companies are all missing.
- Cannot find a company after upgrading a workstation.
- Some of my companies are missing from the open and existing company lists.
- My company is not on the open an existing company list, even if I select Browse.
- Open an existing company the list only displays sample companies or is empty.
- Cannot open company after upgrading.
- Cannot find the company after upgrading from XP to Windows 7
- I am unable to locate the company after switching to a multiple-user setup from a single user. How can I locate my company?
- My company is not on the list of companies after upgrading
- When I open the program the sample companies only display, after an installation to a new computer. How can I locate my company?
The Primary Causes of Sage 50 Cannot Find Company File after upgrading/installing:
- The company has never been opened in the new edition.
- Wrong data path in the configuration (INI) file on a workstation.
- The company data is stored in a separate place from the path.
- The company was accidentally overwritten by another company.
- The company is only accessed using Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Data missing after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Workstation installed locally without mapped drives
- Switch from Single User to Multiple User License
- Wrong Approvals
- Installing on a new computer with a new data path
- Data is another data path and has not been restored
- Browsing for companies in the automatic backup configuration as opposed to the program
Resolution for Sage 50 Cannot Find Company File after installation/Update
- The recent service release has not been installed
- The company has never been opened to the latest version
- Find the earlier version in the registry
- Wrong data path in a configuration (INI) file on a workstation
- Company data is stored in a separate place from than data path
- The company was accidentally overwritten by another company
- Restore your company backup
- Wrong permissions or lock
- Mapped drive disconnected
- Clear expendable file
If you do not see your company on the list of companies to open
The company or companies are not visible in the Open Existing Company window.
Before you try the solutions below:
Check if your company is listed in the Browse window when you are on the Open an Existing Company screen by clicking the Browse button. Afterward, it will appear on the “Existing Company” screen. If not, keep working through the solutions below if it does not appear in that second window.
- Incorrect version or Missing Service Release that Required Company Conversion
- Locked company files
- Wrong data path
- The company is overwritten by a backup
- The product is not activated on the server
- The company has not yet opened using the current version of the program
- COMPANY.DAT missing or damaged
- The mapped drive is connected to the incorrect folder
- A user is running a conversion, Purge, or Year-End close, or has a company information screen open on the missing company
- The company folder has inadequate permissions
- Trying to open a .PTB file using the Open Company or Open an Existing Company screen
- The company left open one computer to process the Year End Wizard
Assistance Sage 50 cannot find Company File
Hopefully, the guide helped you in getting rid of the error named Sage 50 cannot find the company file. In case you facing any issues or need to ask other questions, connect to the professional team of Sage Support. The experts are there to help in solving all your concerns. Use any of three mediums(Sage 50 Live Chat, phone number, or email) to reach the team member for exceptional assistance.
FAQs: Didn’t Find Company File Sage 50 Windows 11, 10, 8, or MAC
How would I move the company file to another system when fixing a company file error?
Discover the file and data folder with the below steps:
✅ Open the Sage 50
✅ Locate the File tab and then click Properties
✅ Make sure you have chosen the name of the company file and location as well
✅ Search for the company file with the given instructions:
✅ Click on the File button
✅ Hit the Properties tab to show the file name & location
✅ Choose the hyperlink with blue color
✅ Now you can easily view the direct file location on the page named Windows Explorer
✅ Now copy the .sai file & .saj folder to an external device
✅ Display the Sage 50 welcome page
✅ Click on the option named Select an existing company
✅ Now open the company file
What if mistakenly deleted the company data?
You can use the company data restore option to recover the deleted company file
How do I install payroll tax updates & services?
✅ Open Sage 50
✅ Choose the Services button
✅ Click on the Check for Updates tab
✅ Hit the Check now button
✅ Now start downloading the updates once you install the Sage 50
How can I delete an expendable file in Sage 50?
✅ Search for the clean data file
✅ Now delete the below files:
✅ All temporary files (search for temp) All “old” files (search for old and *.old)
✅ All .MKD files (search for *.MKD)
✅ All .PTR files (search for *.PTR)
✅ All .RPT files (search for *.RPT)
✅ Now generate the new company folder
✅ Hit the yes button
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1-800-983-3087, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
Support – We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud)
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support