User Can’t Restore Sage 50 From Backup
Various software tools have been introduced nowadays to make accounting processes easier for business enterprises irrespective of their sizes. Out of them all, Sage 50 has become the most useful.
This is because of the efficient working and advanced accounting tools and features that it offers. In Sage 50, like other software products, there are possibilities of the emergence of technical issues from time to time. One of the common issues is Sage 50 restoring error or kind Errors During Sage 50 Backup.
To understand the error in detail and know the steps to resolve the same, you can consult AccountsPro to dial Sage Support Number at any time of the day.
Why Unable Restoring Sage From Back Up ?
The reasons that cause the restore error in Sage 50 are as follows:
- Damaged or corrupt backup file
- Backup used is of an older version
- Backups are compressed i.e. present as zip file
Though the cause can be any of the above, it may lead to the loss of data from your Sage 50 software. Backup is created to make sure the data is safely stored and when needed, it could be restored.
How to fix Restoring Backup Failed Sage 50
Method 1: Repair damaged backup files
The backup is damaged when you save files directly to a removable device. The steps to resolve the issues include:
- Save the backup to local drive
- Copy it
- Paste it to the removable media
- This will allow the Sage 50 files and folders to get restored successfully
- In case, the error still persists, you can rename the backup file and change the extension from .PTB to .ZIP
- If the error still persists, know that your backup is of no use now
Method 2: If the older version is the problem
- Install the latest version of the software or simply upgrade to it
- Make sure you don’t get the error notification anymore
Method 3: If the file is as .ZIP
- Make sure you extract the .ZIP file
- Then restore it
Find out most possible and correct way Sage Fixed Assets Restore From Backup step by step process.
Method 4: Clean out the company folder
- Create a backup for your company file
- You can also copy the company file and then paste it in a duplicate folder
- Exit the company
- Clean the company folder by deleting some of the files, including .dat files, DDF files, LCK files, MCD files, PTR files, RPT files, etc. Make sure you don’t delete the PTB files
- Reopen the software
- Try and restore again
Method 5: Simply restore a backup
- Locate the backup of company file
- Restore the backup into new company
Technical Support Sage 50 Restore Not Working Issue
If you have any doubt relating to the steps to resolve the error, you can connect with our AccountsPro Sage 50 Chat support experts. It has a set of skilled individuals to deal with different kinds of Sage 50 issues. You just need to call on Sage 50 helpdesk number +1-800-474-0179 to get help.