Sage 50 Error: “Unable To Open Company “
- 1 Sage 50 Error: “Unable To Open Company “
- 2 Causes for Sage won’t open after the upgrade
- 3 How To Fix Sage 50 Won’t Open Company File Issue?
- 4 Things needed before Proceeding with troubleshooting Sage 50 Won’t Open Company File
- 5 Solution Steps of Sage 50 Won’t Open Company file issue
- 5.1 Step 1: Start the Sage 50 Program as an Administrator
- 5.2 Step 2: Confirm that the File is on Sage Drive or Remote Data Access (RDA)
- 5.3 Step 3: Maximum user already logged in through Remote Data Access
- 5.4 Step 4: mysqld.exe locked in Task Manager
- 5.5 Step 5: Your data may be corrupt
- 5.6 Step 6: You have hidden or missing files or folders
- 5.7 Step 7: Your Sage 50 version is up-to-date
- 5.8 Step 8: Check the network connection
- 5.9 Step 9: Confirm that your network connection is private
- 5.10 Step 10: Wrong Icon
- 5.11 Step 11: Filename
- 5.12 Support Company File Not Opening Sage 50 Pro, Premium, Quantum
In Sage 50, there are many reasons that cause the problem in opening the company file or Sage 50 Won’t Open Company. You must be aware of all the reasons and their solutions. So, the error messages that you get while opening the company file are as follows:-
- “Unable to open the company file.”
- “Cannot open the company file. The required data file is missing.”
- When clicking on the OK button in the prompt of the log then the company won’t open
- “You cannot open this company file, there is an error in connecting to the database.”
Causes for Sage won’t open after the upgrade
Many causes of the Sage 50 Program Won’t Open are there but here you get to know some of them. These are as follows:-
- .DDF files are damaged
- Antivirus is blocking the data access
- You have not closed all the background programs
- Your Windows Operating System is out-dated
- The company file is not in the location that you are trying to open
- The data is locked
- Company data is not in the system and is moved to another system
- The server connection is lost
- You set the network as public.
In case looking for Why Sage 50 Unable To Open Company File , you can check causes with solutions brings by AccountsPro team .
How To Fix Sage 50 Won’t Open Company File Issue?
The solutions to sort out the Sage 50 won’t open the company file
There are various solutions that you can do to settle down the error of the company that is not opening your Sage 50 account. Below are some of the solutions that you must opt for to fix it. Choose any one solution and then implement it then if it doesn’t work for you then go with another solution.
- The company is not on the correct path or location
- Unlock the Mysqld.exe that is locked in the task manager
- The data file is on the server system
- Rename the .DAT files and remove them .DDF files
- The software version is not updated
- The data files are in the location- C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\
- Verify the path of the file in your system
- Must check the issue of ODBC
- Restore the backup data as the data is corrupted
- Restart the pervasive
- Restore your system to factory reset if it is new
- The system must have a connection manager that hosts the company data
- If the system is old then restore the point
- Show all the files that are hidden in the folder .SAJ
- The connection of the network is down
- New Release is not updated yet
- Make the network connection Private in your system
- The company file is not updated according to the software version
- Removed or missing files in the folder
- Configure the permissions of the antivirus
- The icon of the software is not correct change it
- Run the program as an administrator.
Things needed before Proceeding with troubleshooting Sage 50 Won’t Open Company File
- Stop the real-time scanning of antivirus software.
- Disable all VPNs.
- If the sample company doesn’t open:
- One way to make sure Malwarebytes is installed correctly is to uninstall and reinstall it. Verify that the sample company opens by changing your browser’s settings.
- If a paid version of AVG or Avast is installed
Solution Steps of Sage 50 Won’t Open Company file issue
If you’re using Sage 50, you may encounter problems when opening files. Here you know how to solve the error “Unable to open company file” when opening data that is not being converted to a new version.
Step 1: Start the Sage 50 Program as an Administrator
- First, close the Sage 50 software.
- From the Sage 50 icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now choose the option for Administrator option.
- Next, open the Company File.
- Locate the content that you want to move and then click on the Add Permissions button in the file’s toolbar.
- Now, you’ll need to copy the SAJ folder and SAI files to the C drive.
- Open the user permissions settings and scroll down to find an option called “Everyone.”
- Ensure that there is no hidden content in the SAJ file folder.
- Re-open the data file.
Step 2: Confirm that the File is on Sage Drive or Remote Data Access (RDA)
To download the data file from Remote Data Access, follow these steps:
- Click on the Welcome screen.
- Connect to a shared company by clicking the connect button.
- If you need to sort or filter a company, select the appropriate company checkbox.
- Click the Connect button.
Step 3: Maximum user already logged in through Remote Data Access
If the file is shared using Remote Data Access and the maximum number of users are already logged in, this error will occur if another user tries to log in. Today, many people use remote data access through their browsers, so it’s important to know about these types of errors so you can fix them early on.
- To see how many users can simultaneously log in
- Open the Sage 50 software and go to help, about sage 50
- Click Support Info
- The new screen will list the number of users on its top left.
- If you want to verify the number of users, go to File > View All Users.
- If the maximum number of users are already logged in, one user must log out before another can log in to that specific company file.
- Confirm that the people registered for your subscription all have the correct serial number. If they don’t, it could be because your subscription doesn’t support the number of people you were expecting.
- Go to Help, Upgrade your Sage 50 Product
- Please enter your Account ID and Serial Number
- If you are connected to the internet and want to retrieve your key code, please open Sage 50 and press OK.
- If you are not connected to the internet, you can enter the Keycode manually.
- If you are connected to the internet then the key code will be added automatically
- Press OK when you’re ready to complete activation.
Step 4: mysqld.exe locked in Task Manager
- On a network, always make sure the users are completely logged out of Sage 50 and open Task Manager on the server.
- Ensure users from all show processes are selected, and end all instances of the mysqld.exe process under the processes tab.
- After your process has finished, try to open the company file again on your workstations.
- If you’re on a standalone, make sure Sage 50 is closed down. Make sure that Task Manager is open and shows processes from all users selected. Close any mysqld.exe processes that appear in the list of running tasks.
Step 5: Your data may be corrupt
- To start, restore the corrupted files from your backup.
- If you ever need to open your company file and have not made a backup, now you can.
- It’s best to seek assistance from experienced aspirants, who will be more likely able to repair your data.
- Open the company file location.
- Open up the Saj folder and verify that the files and folders are there.
Step 7: Your Sage 50 version is up-to-date
- Be sure to download the latest version.
- Install the update manually on your PC by navigating to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download.
Step 8: Check the network connection
- Make sure that you have access to the assigned drive where your data files are located.
- If you’re running the files over a network and don’t have access to the network drive that was mapped or you’ve lost connection to the network drives.
- Move data to a new location on your hard drive and add permission options.
- Copy the .SAI file and the .SAJ folder to the root of the C drive and add everyone for the user permission settings.
- Make sure all of the Sage 50 files are closed.
- Open the data file again.
Step 9: Confirm that your network connection is private
- Right-click on your Network connection icon and click on “Network and Sharing.”
- Check the status of any WiFi network to verify that it is Private/home/work/domain and not public.
- If a status says public, change it to private.
Step 10: Wrong Icon
- Make sure you are using the correct icon for your application.
- In order to view the new version, you will need to unpin (right-click and select “unpin from taskbar”) and then pin the new version (right-click the desktop shortcut and pin it to the taskbar).
Step 11: Filename
- When saving your document, shorten the file name, removing any special characters and dots.
- If the name of a SAJ instance or SAI instance does not match the corresponding TA, rename both the SAJ name and the SAI name to match.
- (e.g. TA.SAJ, TA.SAI), then open the file again
Above, you get all the reasons that caused Sage 50 won’t open the company and also the solutions that can resolve the Sage 50 Crashes while opening the issue according to the reasons. Choose the solution according to the reason of cause and then do it properly to get rid of the problem.
The AccountsPro team is here 24/7 hours to help you by providing all the information or solution related to the error you are facing. AccountsPro Sage Support team members are having years of experience in resolving all the glitches so they can easily provide you with the best assistance ever. They are glad to help you in all kinds of situations so that you get the solution and you can use the software hassle-free. If you have questions and need instant replies then do a Sage 50 Chat live with experts or also send the email at 📞 1-516-472-4307 with your query.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1-800-983-3087, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
Support – We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud)
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
16 thoughts on “Sage 50 Won’t Open Company”
yes we have a new install of sage 50 PRO., This comapny cannot be opened with sage 50 PRO because it is from sage premium accountying., is there anything i can do?, we have both , premium(old PC) and (new pc) PRO., 2021, old pc has 3 companies on it. We want to take 1 only and open on new pc.,that 1 will not open on pold pc anymore
How to resolve this error of Peachtree Quantum Hi, “C:/PROGRA~/SAGESO~PEACH~1/Company/WNTASSOC/JRNLS/DR.DAT’. Reun Integrity Check” Can you please assist me to remove this error? Waiting for your reply. Hi, I am using Peachtree Quantum Version 10 Since last 5 year smoothly. Recently when we go to create bill/invoice an error appears and which does not allow to save the transaction “C:/PROGRA~/SAGESO~PEACH~1/Company/WNTASSOC/JRNLS/DR.DAT’. Reun Integrity Check” Can you please assist me to remove this error? Waiting for your reply.
I have sage 50 2021. I try to open company file, I unable to open it.I cannot get into my sage I need help with the upgrade. using US Sage 50 2021
disappeared from my company list in Sage , company name disappeared from my company list in Sage,how can i resolve that
For some reason, I can’t open the sample company “Universal” not sure why, says user name password not correct using Sage Canadian 2021
Hello I cant open my sage file it is saying that i may have opened it elsewhere or the data is in use using 2019 Sage 50 premium accounting version 2019
Some files are missing in the company folder after a backup. But how can I open Sage 50 without being asked to open a file so I can reach the “File” and then the restore option? using Sage 2021.1.1
I’m new here and I don’t know how it works. I was searching for a resolution to my problem with Sage 50 2021 not being able to access files over the network using Mapped drives. I’m at the workstation now , I can access company files locally, but when the file is on the network, it says the database engine reported an error and I can’t access it. it worked fine with 2015
I’m finding that when I post an entry in the “Make Other Entry” mode, that the Sage Program closes. using 2022 edition,We just downloaded it last week and it seems to be having some issues, but this is the main one I’m trying to fix.
Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location at …… could not be accessed, then it says sage 50 accounting could not be started. please try again,I believe system was corrupted and so wasn’t able to see the share but now she is
I upgraded to Sage 50 Pro from 2012 Peachtree complete Accounting and it won’t update my company files., How much will it cost me to have you do that?, Can you give me an idea of the possible cost to get this done first
have Sage 50 Accounting 2017 and receiving messages that if we attempt to do any upgrade…bios, memory or new hardware such as a new laptop, our accounting program may not work
researching sage50 problems , sage50/peachtree is referred to as cloud based but I see it has data files and services on our server ,the client program is slow to start up and crashes ,do you know if sage50/peachtree is cloud or not? or some kind of hybrid
Sage 50 educational version premium 2020 won’t open today. It opened yesterday., I have Windows 11., Sage has been opening for me for a month. Actually, it just opened the sample company but won’t open 2 companies I worked on yesterday., I’m the instructor. My college bought me the 2021 solftare.
Our strata has sage 50 Pro 2018 . Always have trouble opening it. Should we be updating sage and what is the cost ,no it is at the accountants for year end, and having issues opening the program . should I come back to you when I get it back cost is my issue
do , a sage file crashed I, I am trying to reopen the file but cannot , the error says that someone is in the file , noone is in the file.