Sage 50 Required Data File Is Missing
Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File A Required Data File Is Missing
Sage 50 is one of the most demanding accounting software which is run by a wide number of entrepreneurs. As like other online software which creates error issues, Sage 50 also has an error issue while working with it and Sage 50 data missing is one of the most common error issues you may face, it affects badly on your business accountancy management. Here you get all the information regarding this issue. We are here to provide all possible solutions to get rid of this error issue to work with it for better performance. To know more about this software, call AccountsPro Sage 50 Support team now .
Why Can’t Open Company File Data File Missing Error Happen ?
Causes due to Sage 50 data file missing error issue create
There are various reasons due to which this Sage 50 Backup error occurs, all are listed below:
- When you transfer the company document to a shared folder on another system.
- When your organization file is already opened on the system by using another Sage 50 program.
- A missing file with icon link (.SAI) or (.SAJ) may occur this error.
- The presence of viruses or malware processing may cause this error.
Troubleshooting Steps Sage 50 Error A Required Data File Is Missing
How to fix data file missing Sage 50 Error Message?
To fix Sage data file missing, you need to verify the missing file with this procedure, all steps are listed below:
- First of all, you need to open.SAI link file in the notepad.
- Then check and verify the product name and version sequence number. The sequence in version number is must be in 5-digital code.
- Then correct your version sequence number and open your company file with a corrected version.
If you are not able to resolve your issue with the above troubleshooting, you can go with this alternative solution with these following steps:
- Firstly, open your window and click on the Run window.
- Then hold your press on the window key and then hold your press with R key.
- After this, the run box will open on our screen and you need to type “Service.msc”.
- Then hold you right-click on the “PSQL workgroup engine” and verify it should be in running mode or stopped working.
- After completion of this processing, you need to repeat this processing again for the server setting.
After implementing all this assistance, if you are still not able to resolve the error or any query in your mind regarding Sage, you can contact AccountsPro Sage Technical Support team via helpline number 📞 1-800-474-0179 or send your query at our official website . To get in touch with AccountsPro team, you can also chat with one of our technical experts via the Sage 50 LIVE CHAT link icon, which is given on on the right side of our official website. The sage support team is always available to reply to your all queries in all possible ways.