Download, Install , Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To set up a multi-user network in QuickBooks, you need to install and set up QuickBooks database manager, which shares the company file over a network with multiple workstations. Apart from sharing the company file, the database manager manages and monitors the company file as well. After setting up the network, you need to keep QuickBooks database server manager running to access the company file from multiple workstations. Also its will help for QuickBooks Setup For Workstation users .
Note:: Only users who want to set up a multi-user network for QuickBooks desktop need to set up QuickBooks database server manager. If you don’t plan on using a multi-network setup for your accounting software, then you don’t need to install this database server manager on your system.
Download And Install Database Server Manager QuickBooks
The installation files for the database server manager are included in the setup for QuickBooks Desktop. Once you’ve downloaded the setup for QuickBooks Desktop accounting software, you can follow the steps provided below to install the database server manager on your system:
- Restart your system/server.
- Launch the QuickBooks Installation File.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the product and license numbers to activate the product.
- Select Custom or Network Options as the installation type. Hit Next.
- Select the best option for network setup according to your preferences. Here are the available options:
- I’ll be using QuickBooks desktop on this computer, And I’ll be storing…: If you plan to install QuickBooks desktop and the database server manager on the server computer, then you must select this option.
- I’ll not be using QuickBooks Desktop…: If you don’t want to install QuickBooks Desktop on the server computer, then select this option.
- Follow through with the rest of the process till the software is installed on the server computer. Click on Finish.
Note:: If you want to have access to multiple versions of QuickBooks on your server, then install the oldest versions first and move to the newer versions. This is very useful for professional accountants who need to manage company files for multiple clients.
Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To properly configure QuickBooks database server manager, follow the steps provided below:
- Open the Start
- Type in ‘Services’.
- Click on QuickBooksDBXX, where XX is the version number of QuickBooks.
- From the General tab, find the server status. Select STOP.
- Click on Startup Type and select Automatic.
- In the Logon tab, select the Local System account option.
- In the Recovery tab, choose Restart the Service for the following options:
- First Failure
- Second Failure
- Subsequent Failure
- From the General tab, select Start.
Now you’ve successfully configured and restarted QuickBooks Database server manager. But the task isn’t finished yet. To use the database manager to sync data between the server and multiple workstations, you need to properly set up Windows Firewall.
Firewall Settings To Allow QBDSM
To set up windows firewall, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Start
- Type in Windows Firewall and hit Enter.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Click on Inbound Rules and then New from the right panel.
- Select the Port through which you want to enable connections and hit Next.
- Select TCP and enter the required ports which are required by QuickBooks for setting up a proper multi-network connection.
- Click on Allow Connection and hit next.
- Enter a name and description for the Rule and click on Finish.
- Repeat the steps to create outbound rules.
Now you can begin using QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How To Use Database Server Manager QB ?
After installing and configuring the database server manager, you need to scan the folders on your server for the company file to begin using the multi-network setup.
To scan folders on the server for company files, follow the steps provided below:
- Open the start menu on your server computer.
- Type in Database and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From the Scan Folders tab, select Browse.
- Select the Folders which contain the Company files.
- Click on Ok.
- Click on Start Scan.
You can restrict the server manager from scanning all of the folders on your server. To do so, you’ll have to set up folder permission. This is especially important if you’re using database server manager 2019.
AccountsPro suggests using QuickBooks Hosting Services , so user can get automatic update and upgrade of QuickBooks Database Manager without any issues and errors.
After the scan is finished, you’ll find the folders listed in the QuickBooks company files found section. These company files can now be accessed over the network from any connected workstation.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Failed to Start
If the database server manager failed to start or you see an error, then you need to follow with one of the methods provided below to get it started.
If QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server manager are installed on the Server
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on the server
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open a Company File.
- Find the Company File and click on Next.
- Click on Open file in multi-user mode and hit Open.
- Log into the Company File.
- From the File menu, click on Close Company/Log off.
- Open the start menu and type in ‘Database’. Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
This will restart the program on your system and resolve the error.
If only QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the Server
- Open Control Panel through the start menu.
- Click on Administrative Tools.
- Select Services.
- Right click on QuickBooksDBXX, where XX is the version of the database server manager installed on your system.
- Select Restart.
This will restart the database server manager and resolve QuickBooks Error.
Error Troubleshooting QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you are getting errors and issue like to mention below related to QBDSM then connect to QuickBooks Support Number to get help.
|QuickBooks Database Manager Not Running||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error 1069|
|QuickBooks Database Manager Conflicting With Dns Server||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Failed Resolve Errors And Retry|
|QuickBooks Database Manager Service Failed To Start||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Folder With This Name Is Already Shared|
|QuickBooks Database Manager Network Diagnostics Failed||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Hosting Mode Is Off|
|QuickBooks Database Manager Not Running On This Computer||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has Stopped Working|
|QuickBooks Database Manager No Files Are Connected||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Wrong Ip Address|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Available||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Keeps Crashing|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager No Files Are Connected||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Keeps Stopping|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Connection Sharing Not Allowed||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Qbdbmgrn Not Running On This Computer|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Crashes||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Checking For File And Folder Permissions||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Running No Files Are Connected|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Disabled Exceptions Not Defined||QuickBooks Database Manager Started Then Stopped|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Does Not Start||QuickBooks Database Server Manager Unable To Retrieve Connected Files|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Disconnect User|