QB Server Utility Manager For Multi-User Setup
QuickBooks permits a multi-user access feature to share the company file over the network. It is not possible without the QuickBooks server manager. The database server manager in QuickBooks helps to enjoy the multiple versions of QuickBooks and lets the multiple users monitor and access the same file. AccountsPro will discuss the QuickBooks server utility manager, its installation, and setup procedure also QuickBooks Network Setup .
What Is A QuickBooks Server Utility Manager?
QuickBooks server utility manager is a powerful tool in QuickBooks that allows a user to sync company files with multiple systems. The Database Manager utility in QuickBooks runs in both standard and administrative mode. In the standard model, the behavior is recognized according to the presence of security rights. It contains options to fix the service manager, regenerating keys, or mass updates. The administrative model of the QB database server utility manager contains root privileges, having powerful rights to make changes that affect in entire software. Database server manager lets the user make a network data file (.ND) for the Host system’s company file.
What You Can Do With QuickBooks Server Utility Manager ?
Things you need to know about QuickBooks server utility manager:
You are now aware that the QB server manager is an essential tool to install in QuickBooks if you need to use the multi-user access option. So let’s walk the facts about database server manager before download and using it:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is advantageous in creating network data document files for accessing the documents saved in the server system. Hence if the users need to access multi-user feature in their system, each system must install the database server manager
- Along with multiple version access, the QuickBooks database manager server manager is also helping the user with multiple processes’ variations.
- Setting up the database server manager for each version in chronological order is a must for accessing multiple versions of QuickBooks.
- When the database server manages loads, it ensures that the years’ database performs continuously in the background. For instance, in the Windows service interface, these services are referred to as QuickBooksDBXX, in which XX is the version number.
Do you want to know the right process for Setting Up QuickBooks Server Client then follow all the instructions carefully described by the team of AccountsPro.
QuickBooks Database Utility Server Manager Installer
- To download the installer wizard, you need to locate the official website of Intuit
- Open download and updates
- You will get a prompt asking question “will you be using QuickBooks Desktop on multiple computers at the same time”
- Hit Change button
- Choose your QuickBooks edition below the Product column
- Locate the version column, select the year
- Hit Download button
While some issues come during download installer, get in touch QuickBooks Error Support Number for help.
How To Download QuickBooks Database Utility Server Manager?
Here are the steps:
- Initially, the user requires double-clicking on the downloaded installer
- The installation setup wizard will prompt on the screen
- Choose the next button if the computer is connected to the internet and equipped to download the upgrade; otherwise, hit the No button
- Click Next option
- Terminate all the ongoing application followed by clicking on the Next button
- Now you have to read the terms and conditions and click on “I accept the terms in the license agreement, followed by choosing the Next button.
- Now click on the Custom or Network options icon
- At the last tab on the setup type
- Click ‘I’ll be utilizing QuickBooks on this computer, AND I will be saving’… if you will execute the QuickBooks program on this computer system Or
- Choose the ‘I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer’… if you’ll just store QuickBooks content on this computer.
- Click on the Yes icon and hit allow access
- Write the License Number and Product number
- Now you need to follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the installation.
- After this, you need to set up the Database server Manager and firewall configuration and update the Database server manager. Let’s explore through the below sections.
Whether you are IT Professional or network administrator, you have to check QuickBook Setup On Workstation if you want to run QB in multi-user mode.
How to Set-up QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Follow the below steps:
- Initially Open the QuickBooks database server manager
- After this, start scanning the files to use the multi-user access
- For this, here are the steps:
- The user might be required to locate the start option followed by hitting on the All programs button and QuickBooks folder both
- After this, the user might require to tab on scan folders
- Check the folders with QuickBooks company files
- If the user can click on scan the entire disks if the user does not recognize the file folder
- Click on the Start scan button and proceed with the scanning process
- After this, you are eligible to open the company files remotely
- Now, if you need to Add new company files to the server, then use the Monitored driver feature. This option is useful to keep the database utility manager up-to-date
- Click the start option and then hit the Programs button
- Choose QuickBooks and then click QuickBooks database server manager
- Ensure the company files are connected to the server and check the users are logged into the company files.
How To Perform QuickBooks Database Server Manager Configuration?
- Click on the Windows start menu
- Write services into the search box
- Hit enter key to open it
- Check and Open QuickBooksDBXX
- Locate the General option and discover the services status option
- If it is running, then click stop
- Choose the automatic option that appears in the startup type drop-down menu
- And then login option, and select the local system account button
- Locate the recovery option and click on the restart the service button from the corresponding drop-down button: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures
- Again locate General Button and click start to restart the database server manager.
Unable To Download ,Install, Setup Database Utility Manager QuickBooks
That’s all for today! AccountsPro team mentioned the information related to the QuickBooks database utility manager. Hopefully, it was beneficial for you! To ask any other queries, you can freely contact QuickBooks professional team of QuickBooks Support. You can use live chat or email as well.
FAQS: Database Utility Manager QuickBooks Pro, Premier , Enterprise
How can I restart the QuickBooks Server Utility Manager ?
- Initially, click on the Start option and select Control Panel
- Double-click on the Administrative tools button
- After this double-tab on the Services button
- Give a right-click on the appropriate data manager
- Reboot the service
Where can I discover the QuickBooks database server manager ?
- Click on the Start option
- Tab All programs
- Hit the QuickBooks database server manager button
- Start scanning folder
- Find the company file folder
What is the system need of QuickBooks Server Utility Manager ?
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit and natively installed, Windows 8.1 64-bit natively installed, Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Database server manager: Windows server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, and windows server 2011. Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1, etc.
- Hardware: minimum 2.4 GB
- Optical Drive: 4 X DVD-ROM drives needed for CD installations.
How can I update the QuickBooks database utility manager ?
- Locate download and update page
- Click on Update features to start downloading the updates