QuickBooks 2020 Cannot See Mapped Drives
Mapping the drive is one of the best ways to get access to QuickBooks files on another server, system, or drive over the network. But in any case, if QuickBooks is unable to show mapped drives, no need to worry. In AccountsPro guide , you get all possible solutions to figure out the QuickBooks 2020 not seeing Mapped drives issue. along with mandatory tips. Also need to check first How To Setup QuickBooks on Network which helps to find out issue with settings .
How To Fix Unable To View Mapped Drives QuickBooks Desktop
Have a look on its alternative troubleshooting
To figure out, you can implement any one of the solutions as per system requirement
Troubleshooting 1: To view the mapping drives, turn on network discovery with these following steps:
- The first thing you have to go to the search box and write the “Settings” and then click on it
- Then, choose the “Sharing” option
- Proceed forward and then click on the “Private Network”
- Must be sure about these choices have been selected “Turn on Network Discovery” and “Turn-on Automatic set up”
- After that, click on “Save Changes” and end the process with the Next click.
AccountsPro complete guide QuickBooks Desktop 2020 Upgrade give in depth information about crucial settings .
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Not Showing Mapped Drives Problem ?
Troubleshooting 2: To get rid of this issue, map a network drive in windows
You can map a network drives but for every window,
Begin with Window 7 users, follow below steps
- First of all, locate the “Window key” and press it
- Then a list will appear on your screen, select the “Computer ”
- Then, go to the menu bar and click on the “Tools”
- Now, you have to choose the “Map Network Drive”
- Then a new window will pop-up on your screen
- Hit your next click on the “Box Adjacent to Drive”
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “unused Drive”
- Click on the “Browse” and then navigate the network location
- After that track the network location where your QuickBooks files stored
- There is another alternative, you can also do mapping with a server IP address if in any case, UNC path is not working
- Then click on and “Finish” button
- Now you get access to find a new driver which will become a network drive
For window 8 and window 10 users
- Firstly, go to the search box and write on your system
- Then, hit your next click on the “This PC” from the list of result
- Mark the right-click on the Network (left side panel)
- Then, choose the “Map Network Drive”
- After that, you have to click on the “Box in front of the drive” and choose the “unused drive” from the available preferences
- Click on the “Browse” and need to know the location where your QB file is already stored
- At last, click on Ok and Finish
- Try to open the QuickBooks with a newly mapped drive
If you follow all QuickBooks 2020 Installation instruction then there less chance MAP drive create issue with one or more user while working in network .
Troubleshooting 3: To repair this issue, you can obtain IP and DNS address automatically
Generally, users choose the “obtain the IP address and DNS” manually, due to which the outcomes in the QuickBooks do not show mapped drives. To receive the address automatically, follow the below steps:
- First of all, open your settings and then choose the “Change Adapter” option
- To proceed further, open the Network Connection window
- Enter the next right-click on the “Ethernet” and then choose “Properties” from the available list
- After that, Mark your next click on the “Networking”
- Then click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” if you found it ticked marked then uncheck and reach the box
- Click on the “Properties”
- From the IPV 4 properties window, choose the options “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically”
- Click on OK and you are all done with this process
Why Map Drive Not Visible QuickBooks ?
Tips, you must know about them
You can just guide a particular shared folder. In any case, the client on PC 1 has shared the C: Drive with your PC, and then you can easily guide that particular C: Drive but make sure not sub-folders.
After click on the right click on the company file folder, if you are unable to discover the Map Network Drive alternative, and then you should scroll upwards and investigate the more significant level folders for mapping choice . QuickBooks Hosting user need to check with cloud administrator of Map drive issues and problem .
In that case, your company file is available in a similar PC where you have been utilizing QuickBooks and then make a new Mapping Network Drive. Rather, consider opening the record from the information document’s drive. You should explore the appropriate document area to open the company record, where you have planned it while appointing the unused drive area.
Support Network Map Drive Disappear QB Pro, Premier , Enterprise
Further inquiries for QuickBooks Mapped Drives connect QuickBooks Support Number Now !
Hopefully, the above information is useful to figure out the QuickBooks 2020 not seeing Mapped drives. For more details about this issue, get in touch with the QuickBooks expert team via AccountsPro helpline number 📞 +1-888-618-3776 . To clear all doubts, you can also chat with QuickBooks‘ professional team via LIVE CHAT link or drop all queries at this email address AccountsPro