Installation & Setup QuickBooks Enterprise Over Network
In a company, network sharing plays a vital role as it gives you a platform to send and receive files internally. When you use QuickBooks, it makes sure you get all feasibility in conducting your business activities. Setting up a network for enhancing the flexibility in sharing files and information is also simplified in QuickBooks. Only a few series of steps to follow and your network is set up efficiently without any hassle.You can also learn Setup QuickBooks Desktup On Network in easy steps .
Types of Networks
Before you even think of setting up a network in QuickBooks, it is recommended to you to be aware of the types of networks you can opt from or you want to consult with experts dial QuickBooks Enterprise Toll Free Number . These include the following:
Central Server Option
Here, the QuickBooks Database Manager is installed on a central server i.e. the Enterprise version is installed on all workstations, making all filed accessible to them.
One workstation stores the company file and other workstations are given the accessibility. All workstations have the enterprise version installed.
Remote Desktop Services Option
The workstations here do not have the Enterprise installed as the Enterprise version is already there on a powerful central server that stores the company file as well. If you are getting any type of QuickBooks Installation Error Code than check its description before moving ahead . The workstations access the files on the server using Remote Desktop Services.
Check Network Bandwidth
It is a very important thing to consider. If you want to ensure that your network connection is fast to run the enterprise, you must check your network bandwidth first. To achieve this:
- Chose a large data file to test the range
- Record the size of your test file in MB
- Copy the test file and record the time (in seconds) it takes to copy.
- Calculate by using the formula – File size (in MB) x 8 / copy time
Installing a Network Setup for Workstations
To make network sharing possible, it is important to know how to install the networks on workstations. To make this happen, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the file or take an optional backup CD to install.
- Close all the programs running on the background, which also include anti-virus programs
- It is recommended to opt for the installation from the downloaded file as it is always the latest version of any software
- Double-click the downloaded file
- Follow the prompted instructions until you reach Choose Installation Typewindow
- Choose the option or opt for Express to let the installer make the best choice or Select the Custom and Network option for customized installation and location
- You will be given three options to select from. You need to choose it based on the type of installation you choose i.e. on a server or terminal or workstation. The alternatives include:
- Follow instructions via prompts and act accordingly
- Your installation is complete
Issue Resoultions of Network Setup Errors QB
We provide unsurpassed QuickBooks technical assistance to our customers. If you get stuck in the process, our QuickBooks Support Number is there to help you. Feel free to call us on ☎ +1-800-474-0179.