QuickBooks Error Code -6144,-82
QuickBooks (6144,82) error is one of the technical issues that may occur, thereby putting a halt to the operations conducted by QuickBooks. The error indicates that the network setup is inappropriate. Normally, the issue pops when you try to open any company file that is being simultaneously used by another application.QuickBooks is one of the most useful tools to make organizational accounting and payroll functions easier for users. It is the software product that is meant for all kinds of businesses that deal with a huge number of customers, vendors, and other direct and indirect connections. However, sometimes the emergence of some errors might stop the software from functioning well.
Error -6144 -82 QuickBooks Causes, Symptoms & Impact
The cause of the error can be any of the following:
- Damaged file
- Corrupt hard drive
- Incorrect version of QuickBooks
- File location issue
- Transaction templates in business file are open
According to QuickBooks Enterprise Support team the series of Error code 6144 XXX comes only in multi-user environment , there are other codes QuickBooks Error 6144 0, QuickBooks Error Code 6144 83, QuickBooks Error 6144 And 301 .
The symptoms and impact include:
- The error leads to the crashing of open application, if any
- Error message “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” gets displayed
- Computer may hang frequently, especially for the same program
- The response time of Windows gets affected
If you have a difficulty in understanding the cause of the error, you can briefly explain the issues to our AccountsPro technical team of experts and know the possible reasons behind the error.
Why Use Cloud Hosting for QuickBooks : If you want to enjoy the access to your QuickBooks Enterprise software from anywhere at any time, cloud hosting services are the best option for you. You can opt for the service offered by a QuickBooks Cloud Hosting company and see how advantageous it turns out to be.
How To Fix Error -6144 -82 QuickBooks ?
Option 1: Renaming .ND and .TLG files
- Click QuickBooks Desktop
- Press F2
- Go to File Information
- You will get the location details of the company file
- Open the folder containing the company file
- Choose files with .NDand .TLG extensions
- Right-click them one-by-one and select Rename
- Type OLDat the end of the file names (e.g. company_file.qbw.nd.OLD)
- Open the software and log in to the company file again
Option 2: Quick Recommendations
- Fix all registry entries that are possibly related to the error
- Choose deep cleaning of your computer system against strong antivirus program
- Use disc cleaner to cleanse your PC junk, including temporary files
- If you find you’re using an outdated driver, update them
- “Undo” something you don’t want to be changed in your system
- Uninstall and reinstall programs that you suspect to be the cause of the error
- Go for Windows System File Checker (“SFC/scan now”)
- Install Windows update
- Perform Clean Installation of Windows
If the above-mentioned solution and tips do not help, you can connect with our AccountsPro executives on QuickBooks helpline and they will assist you in resolving the issue further.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks 6144, 82 Error Windows 10,7,8, 8.1
The error can arise because of Windows issues, as already stated above. It can be the problem with the Windows registry or outdated version of the operating system. Running Windows System File Checker can help and scan the system properly, thereby resolving the error. Also user can consult with QuickBooks Technical Support Number for the issues .
To check if the location of the file is the main cause, you can copy the QB company file to the Desktop and try to open. If it opens, location is the cause of the error while if it still doesn’t open, there may be some other reason behind the emergence of the technical problem. For further QuickBooks related questions and doubts, you can connect with our professional AccountsPro experts on toll free number ☎ +1-800-474-0179 or user can get direct help from QuickBooks Live Chat Support agents .