Can’t Connect To Data Base Sage Error
The maintenance and management of accounts and payroll are the most important functions being conducted by organizations. To make these processes simple, Sage 50 accounting software has been introduced.
But the software product doesn’t come error-free. There are instances where you may encounter multiple technical issues while using it. One of the common errors is the There Is An Error Connecting To The Database.
The error occurs when you attempt to open a company data file. As soon as you come across the error, you are free to connect AccountsPro team on Chat Sage 50 Support , experts who will assist you in dealing with the issue.
Why Sage Unable to Connect To Database ?
- The folder to be made a connection with is Read-Only
- The file or folder to be connected to is missing
- Firewall is blocking the connection manager
- .NET Framework problem
- The Log Service of the Windows Event option is disabled
- Maybe the Connection Manager is yet to be installed or started on the server
- The UNC address is in use
- Permission issue as the server may have a shared location
- Anti-virus has detected the Connection Manager as a threat to the system
How To Fix Sage 50 Data Base Connection Issues ?
Option 1: The location of the file is your local system
- Check if it’s MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2(a) and MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51
- In case it’s not present, install the same. You can also consider installing both versions, if necessary. To do this, you can “C:\Sage\Sage 50 Accounting Installer Files – CDN Release 201X\ BIN\ MySQLODBC”and install the same.
Have you checked previous matter why Sage 50 Company File Won’t open in standard circumstances and what users can do for that
Option 2: The location of the file is on the external hard drive
- Copy the company file (.sajand .sai) from the external drive
- Paste it to C:\ drive or the server’s local partition
Option 3: The location of the file is on a different server or PC
- Open the sample company file
- Copy the company file to local PC from server
- Disable firewall on the server
- Connect to the database using IP address and not the computer name or mapped drive
- You may also check other company files on the same server or same location if they are opening
Option 4: The location of the file is C:\PROGRAM FILES\ (or C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\)
- Modify the location of company files (.SAJ or .SAI)
- Take it out of the C:\PROGRAM FILES\ (or C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\)
- Right-click the SAJ file
- Choose Properties
- Make sure both Hiddenand Read-Only options are unchecked
- Go to Security
- Make sure All Groupsand Usernames mentioned are eligible for Full Control access rights
- Click OK
- Open the SAJ folder
- Search the pid
- Remove it
- Open the data file hassle-freely
Support Sage 50 Does’t Connected to DataBase Problem
While following the above-mentioned instructions, if you face any issue, AccountsPro individuals are just a phone away . They will not only explain the steps but also share the screen with you for a proper demo if needed.
For any advanced Sage 50 data base connection doubts and queries, you can unhesitatingly call our AccountsPro Sage 50 Support on toll free number +1-800-474-0179 .