How To Setup Child Support In QuickBooks
Steps to Help you in Setting up Child Support in QuickBooks
Child support is monetary payment from one parent to another to provide financial help for the upbringing of the child. In most cases, it is paid by the non-custodial parent to the one who has the child’s custody. It covers various kinds of child-related expenses depending upon the place of residence. With the Set Up Payroll In QuickBooks user have to make settings for Payroll taxes and payroll deductions .
It is deducted from the employee paycheck after the tax is charged. And since usually there is more than one employee for whom you will have to allow for the child deduction, thus it is reasonable to have employee-specific deduction items in payroll. For setting up the child support in the QuickBooks you can refer to the below write-up.
Setting UP Child Support Payments In QuickBooks?
The below steps will help you in setting up different kinds of wage garnishment including child support payment deduction in the QuickBooks:
- Step 1.At the start, you need to open the QuickBooks and click on the left navigation bar. After that, you need to click on Employees.
- Step 2.In the next step, you need to click on the employee’s name for whom you wish to set up the child support payment deduction in the QuickBooks.
- Step 3.In this step, click on edit employee and click on edit (pencil icon), to edit an existing deduction or for adding a new one under the “does this employee has any deduction” section.
- Step 4.In the fourth step, you need to select garnishment under the deduction or contribution and then select the garnishment type i.e. child support payment deduction.
- Step 5.Now enter the amount of the child support deduction from the court levy or order received and then click on OK.
Child Support Liability Entitlement Setup In QB Desktop
For creating the child support liability check you need to follow the below step:
- Step 1. First of all, click on the plus sign and then click on check.
- Step 2. Now from the bank drop-down, select the account for the liability payment and select the payee details from the payee drop-down.
- Step 3. In the next step, under the account details section, choose the account for liability payment and enter the amount of the child support deduction.
Step 4. In the last steps, carefully fill all the fields of the check and then click on save.
AccountsPro team with you for you always for business growth, that’s why offering 30 days Trial QuickBooks Hosting , so all staff can do business accounting anytime, anywhere on any machine without any boundary limit.
Child Support Garnishment QuickBooks P&L Account
To check and verify whether the child support garnishment on the P&L account you can follow the below steps:
- Step 1. First of all, click on List > payroll item list > double click the child payment garnishment.
- Step 2. You need to keep clicking on next until you come on the agency for employee paid liability page and choose liability account and click on next and finish.
After the above two steps, you can go and check your Profit & Loss report to review whether the child support garnishment is appearing or not.
Get Help Issues Enter,Paying Child Support Through QuickBooks
AccountsPro making all efforts to make Child Support Tax and planning settings in QuickBooks Payroll more easy . Hope user can understand Child Support entry and tax payments via QuickBooks . Moreover QuickBooks 24/7 Support Number teamed up certified ProAdvisor who assist you for issues and problem associated with this.
AccountsPro we have tried to cover the setup and other child support garnishment related issues in the QuickBooks. But, in case you come across any different issue or need further information on any other point, you can dial a toll-free numberAccountsPro and the QB technical helpdesk will help you.