- 1 Sage 50 Shut Down Automatically
- 2 What Are the Causes of the Shutting Down Error Sage 50 ?
- 3 Fix Sage 50 Shut Down Abruptly Or Abnormally Issue
- 3.1 Uninstall And Install Sage 50 System
- 3.2 Add Antivirus Exception Sage 50
- 3.3 SG50FIL.DLL File Verification
- 3.4 Windows APP Data Verification
- 3.5 Modify License File Sage 50
- 4 Sage 50 Crashes When I Enter or Save Transactions
- 5 9 Ways to fix Sage 50 Crashing Issues
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sage 50 Shut Down Automatically
When opening splash window or Sage 50 cloud accounts sometimes the Sage accounts keeps shutting down, hanging, or closing. This issue was primarily seen after the installation. There might be several reasons causing the repeatedly closing of the active program. Like antivirus interrupting the program, corrupted files, incomplete installation, or if the program has quarantined any Sage-related folders. AccountsPro will present the troubleshooting guide to fix the Sage 50 Keeps shutting down the error user facing Sage 50 Not Opening problem .
What Are the Causes of the Shutting Down Error Sage 50 ?
- Corrupted windows installation
- Damaged update installation
- Sage 50 host does not have admin credentials
- Antivirus interruption
- Installed Windows 10 Fall creators update
Also, some OS updates create some critical problems, you can learn more about Sage 50 Stop Working After Windows Update with causes and solutions.
Fix Sage 50 Shut Down Abruptly Or Abnormally Issue
How to Rectify the Sage 50 Keeps Shutting Down Error?
Uninstall And Install Sage 50 System
Method 1- Fix the Sage 50 keeps shutting down error message after system installation:
If this error triggers after Sage 50cloud Accounts uninstallation and installing the current version then verify the antivirus system. If your system contains the antivirus software then change the quarantined program containing file or folder related to the Sage50. Now add those folders and files to the exception list of the antivirus or either start restoring the quarantined folders within the antivirus system or reinstall the Sage 50cloud Accounts.
Follow the below steps to configure the antivirus system to work within the Sage 50 cloud Accounts:
- Firstly exclude the files used by the Sage Account to stop the antivirus interruption
- Now exclude the folders by the Sage Accounts
- Start process exclusions configuration
- Next, exclude the URLs accessed by the Sage system
- Make sure the antivirus or firewall does not block the system access to the URLs
- After this modify the report files location
- When running reports in Sage Accounts there created the temporary file.
- The antivirus system scan may lock those files
Add Antivirus Exception Sage 50
How would I change the file location to configure the antivirus to exclude a particular folder?
- Open the Run window
- Enter Regedit
- Hit OK
- Search the below key:
- Now browse Sage 50 accounts HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\SageLine50v2 8
- Within the key then generate a new string value labeled TempPathname
- Change the string value and in the data field named value
- Enter in the path to the folder with temporary files
- Now you can configure the antivirus system to exclude the below file types in the folder:
- *.TMP *.000 *.001 *.002
- Now you are all set to configure Sage accounts to make temporary files in a particular folder while running reports.
- If the error persists then proceed to the next solution
SG50FIL.DLL File Verification
Method 2- Verify the sg50fil.dll:
- For this find the C:\Program Files (x86) for a file named sg50fil.dll.
- Now try to reopen the program
Windows APP Data Verification
Method 3- Verify the Windows system data app:
If the system freezes on the splash window after entering the login details then it could be an error with the error with windows system data app. Now verify this:
- Open the search field
- Write system information
- In case the window of the system information is blank then it indicates the error. To fix this follow the below steps:
- Open the Windows search field
- Write cmd
- It will appear command prompt
- Hit Run as administrator
- Fill net stop winwgmt
- Now close the command prompt
- Hit the Windows key +E then search the below folder
- Now locate the registry folder and give a right-click on it
- Hit Rename button to give the name to repository.old
- Open Command prompt
- Write winmgmt /resetrepository
- Next, close the command prompt
- Now rename the folder to Repository.001
- Close the command prompt
- Open the Sage 50 accounts
- Now login to the company file
- If an error persists then uninstall the system
- Now reinstall the Sage 50cloud Accounts
- Next, follow the instructions and retry opening the application as an administrator
Modify License File Sage 50
Method 4- Give a new name to the license files:
- First of all close the Sage 50cloud Accounts
- Now give a name to the below folder:
- C:\Program Data\Sage\SDK Licence to C:\Program Data\Sage\SDK Licence OLD
- Search for C:\Program Data\Sage\Accounts\**version number**
- Now delete the file named sage.usr
- It may also be required to clear the account number using the registry for this hold down the windows button & R to launch Run window
- Enter Regedit
- Hit OK
- In the left-hand corner, search for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sage\Line 50
- Now double-click on the AccountNumber
- Next, delete the content
- Choose OK.
- Hit the File button and then select Exit
Method 5-Microsoft .NET Frameworks:
- Reset Microsoft .NET Frameworks >
- You require to turn off and on to reset the Microsoft.net framework or if needed uninstall & reinstall the framework
- Windows 8, & 10
- Now uninstall the Microsoft .NET Frameworks
- Next, reinstall the MS .NET frameworks
Method 6- Use the Sage.exe file from the software:
- Find the Sage 50 cloud Accounts system directory by default:
- 64 bit operating system – C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Accounts
- 32-bit operating system – C:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts
- Search sage.exe and give a right-click on it
- Choose the Run as administrator button if not available then hit Open
- If the system opens successfully to generate a new shortcut then give a right-click on the file named sage.exe
- Choose Send to
- Hit Desktop button
- Give a name to usr, sage.ini, and LaunchpadSettings.xml files >
- If you are not prepared then reset the key named Sage50cloud Accounts subscription
- These files are only there if the system has previously been executing on the system
- Now close the Sage50 cloud Accounts
- Next, rename the below files to<>. old:
- C:\Users\**Relevant User**\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\Syswow64\sglch32.usr
Method 7-Uninstall and reinstall Sage 50:
If there happens an error after an update installation then try reinstalling the update before proceeding. Here are the steps:
- Give a click on the Start button of the windows
- Hit Control Panel
- Choose Programs & Features
- Delete Sage50 cloud Accounts
- Now delete the folder named Accounts with installed software
- By default accounts folder path is
- 64-bit operating system – C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Accounts
- Delete the temporary files
Sage 50 Crashes When I Enter or Save Transactions
If you recently made some updates to Windows 10 and have found a possible issue with Sage 50 US Edition users. If you cannot create or save new transactions in your Sage 50 software, it crashes upon opening, or if you see any of the following error messages:
- Error: “Sage 50 has stopped working” or “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” after Windows 10 update
- Error: “Sage 50 has stopped working” or “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” when opening Task window
- Error: “Sage 50 has stopped working” or “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” when opening general ledger
- Error: “Sage 50 has stopped working” or “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” when opening reports
Resolution Steps to Set Windows 10 Compatibility to Windows 8
- Right-click the Sage 50 icon and click Properties
- Click the compatibility Tab
- Check Run this program in compatibility
- In the drop down select Windows 8
- Verify program and company can open and tasks can be completed without errors
9 Ways to fix Sage 50 Crashing Issues
Sage 50 is the most trusted software on the market, but due to recent mishandling of your computer’s operating system or windows registry you might encounter a variety of errors with Sage 50. Your software may freeze, crash, stopped working or experience a wide range of known and unknown errors.
Reasons of Sage 50 Keeps Crashing
These are certain specifying reasons that we are highlighting:
- Windows 10 installation update
- Corrupt or Damaged windows installation
- Installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators
Some Common Sage 50 Crashes Errors
|Situation When Sage 50 Crash||Description||Situation When Sage 50 Crash||Description|
|Sage 50 crashing windows 10||A user might have issues with windows 10 OS due to compatability issues||Sage 50 Crashes when Paying Bills||During Enter or Save Transactions User will receive caching problems|
|Sage 50 Keeps Crashing||User Experience Sage 50 freezing problem while doing or saving transaction||Sage 50 crashes when opening reports||While creating reports or pulling old report, user might face Sage not responding problem & Sage take much time.|
|Sage 50 Crashes when opening reports||User tries to open, edit, view or modify Sage 50 reports. Custom reports take too much time to open||Sage 50 Crashes when Emailing||User tries to send customer invoices using sage either one or more customer or even batch processing or email, nothing happened and Sage crash abnormally|
|Sage 50 Crashes on Startup||User tries to open Sage 50 by clicking desktop shortcut, Sage will not open and error warning will display on the screen Sage has stopped working||Sage 50 Payments Crash||Payments lock up the entire Sage program whenever user trying to enter payments detail or trying to make payments the main causes behind this issue DDF files damaged, User preferences file corrupted, keyboard or handwriting panel service enabled, Positions key damaged or data might corrupt in same cases user account control is enabled.|
|Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working||User face freezing or not responding error when Microsoft launch major update in 2022. Also user applied the latest update of sage 50 2023 edition or installation not completed behind this issue.||Sage 50 Email Crash||SBDDesktop.exe stopped working or user unable to send email because the outlook program not responding or there was an issue with Email setup|
|Sage 50 has Stopped working windows 10||Users unable to stop windows service update. Also, it has been noticed that if user not applying the regular windows update, OS might work abnormally and sage 50 users will receive crashing problem.||Sage 50 Receive Money Crash||Users going towards the receiving money window, Sage crash suddenly and won’t create the receipt for customer payments|
|Sage 50 Crashes when Entering Bills||User unable to make payments, saving transactions or while entering the payment details. User not able create new inventory item just after windows 10 upgrade.||Sage 50 Accounts Bank Reconciliation Crash||Sage banking reconciles crash and user locks up while open programs for bank reconciliation. Causes behind this issue are damaged userpref.dat or bankrec.dat files|
|Sage 50 Crashes when Printing||While Printing invoices, reports user takes much time to respond and user face freezing, crashing, or stopped working problem||Sage 50 Payroll Email Payslips Crash||Sage 50 Payroll user when trying to send employee payslip by email, crashing issue might comes.|
|Sage 50 Crashes after login||After entering username and password Sage 50 closed automatically or user might get Sage 50 company won’t open error message on their screen||Sage 50 Crashing when opening invoice||Whenever Sage 50 wants to see, open, download or email customer invoices using Sage the program suddenly stopped and Sage won’t work.|
9 Ways to Fix to Sage 50 Crash
In some cases, software can be fixed with the methods we offer. We recommend you contact our Technical Support if you continue to have difficulties.
- To run Sage 50 on Windows 8, you need to set the program in compatibility mode. Follow the instructions to find out how.
- Go to the Sage software, then right-click on it to access properties.
- Next, go to the Compatibility tab.
- In the section of compatibility mode, click on Windows 8. From the drop-down menu, choose Windows 8.
- On the next screen, click “OK” and open Sage 50.
- Now, make sure Sage 50 runs smoothly and does not show any errors.
- To start the program, please make sure you’re running it as an administrator.
- Check Scales of High DPI override.
- The following adjustments will need to be made in all Windows 10 machines and even on the server software.
Help Unable To Solve Sage 50 Shuts Down Problem
Here the article completes! Hopefully, information is helpful to resolve the Sage 50 Keeps Shutting Down error. If still experience the error then get connected with a professional team for getting an advanced troubleshooting guide. Use a live chat, Sage 50 Support Number, or email to get exceptional assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Can I Clear The Temp Files In Sage 50?
✅ Open the Run window
✅ Enter %temp%
✅ Now hold down the Ctrl key and then press A
✅ After this hit Delete
✅ Select Yes.
Why I Am Unable To Rename The Repository Folder?
✅ If you’re failed to rename the Repository folder, in the Windows search field then write cmd
✅ After this give a right-click on the Command Prompt
✅ Search Run as administrator option
✅ More help connect now Sage 50 Live Chat help team
How Can I Run Sage Cloud Accounts In Administrator Mode?
✅ Locate the shortcut of the Sage 50 cloud Accounts
✅ Choose Properties button
✅ Hit on the compatibility option
✅ Below the privilege level, choose the checkbox named Run this program as an administrator
✅ Hit OK
✅ Now open the Sage 50 cloud Accounts
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1-516-472-4307, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
Support – We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud)
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support