Sage 50 Stops Responding
- 1 Sage 50 Stops Responding
- 2 What Do You Mean By Sage 50 Not Responding?
- 3 What Are the Causes Of Sage 50 not Working on Windows 10 or after the update of windows 10?
- 4 How To Resolve Sage 50 Unresponsive In Windows 10 or after the update of windows 10?
- 4.1 Method 1: Completely uninstall and re-install Actian Zen/Pervasive:
- 4.2 Method 2: Sharing Security & Permissions:
- 4.3 Method 3: Check the company file size:
- 4.4 Method 4: Fix Sage 50 not respond Window 10 errors with the UAC option:
- 4.5 Method 5: Resolve Not Responding Windows 10 with Managing Processor and Memory speed:
- 4.6 Method 6: Verify Space in Hard Drive and Virtual Memory:
- 4.7 Method 7: Data Entry and Background Applications:
- 4.8 Method 8: Enlarge the Memory buffer size of Connection Manager:
- 5 Sage 50 not Responding after the windows 11 update
- 6 Sage 50 has Stopped working
- 7 The Sage 50 program is not responding or nothing happens When Logging In
- 8 Sage 50 Backup Unresponsive/ Not Responding
- 9 If you can’t save a backup or Sage 50 freezes when creating a backup.
- 10 Sage 50 not responding or closing the program when the user tries to Email a form
- 11 Sage timeslips Not Responding
- 12 Sage 50 Running So Slow
- 13 Technical Support Sage 50 Pro, Premium, Quantum Stop Respond
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
- 14.1 How can I run the compatibility mode in Sage 50?
- 14.2 What are the impacts of Sage 50 Not Responding to Windows 10 errors?
- 14.3 How can I verify the data file permissions settings in Windows 10?
- 14.4 How do I purge the data in Sage 50?
- 14.5 How can I clean the Windows Temp folder to fix the Sage performance issue?
- 14.6 How to force close the Sage 50 program?
When users use Sage 50 2023 or a lower version on Windows 10 or 11, sometimes it suddenly freezes or stops responding. became unresponsive to the input devices connected to it. It is a general problem seen in the accounting software installed in Windows 10 or 11 the performance decreases. It can be caused by different bugs in the System, hardware devices, or low memory issues. The below article will discuss adequate information related to resolving the Windows 10 Sage Compatibility issues and related problems. The Sage 50 Not Responding issue comes when logging in, after login, during backup, during the purge, or even sometimes Sage 50 Keeps Not Responding for a longer time. AccountsPro team describes all possible solutions, Sage 50 Stop Responding After Windows Update issue earlier.
What Do You Mean By Sage 50 Not Responding?
Sage 50 not responding occurs when an application stops communicating with Windows correctly. It can be due to valid delays, which tend the Sage to be busy working with internal or external errors. It includes a programming bug, a hardware issue, etc. If you just installed new Sage 50 accounting software and having issues while running connects to Sage 50 Support Number to get assistance.
What Are the Causes Of Sage 50 not Working on Windows 10 or after the update of windows 10?
- Pre-load pervasive is corrupted and required to be re-installed
- Permission settings across the network blocking Sage 50 execution with full control
- Low network speed
- Wrong data size; it is beyond the size needed for optimal system performance
What you have to do When Sage 50 Not Starting some initial checks to advance settings need to fix this issue.
Windows 10 and 11 Sage 50 Compatibility Check
Sage 50 supports Windows 10 and 11 versions, including Home, Enterprise, and Pro. Earlier, many users faced errors when upgrading their Operating Systems to Windows 10 and 11. So users need to upgrade to the Sage version to fix the Sage compatibility issues. Before installing Sage, make sure you check the version is compatible with Windows 10 and 11. Here are the steps for checking Compatibility settings:
- Locate the Sage icon and give right-click on it
- Click Properties button
- Choose Compatibility option
- If chosen” If run this program in compatibility mode “delete it
- Click Change settings for all users
- Click “Run this program in compatibility mode” and clear it
- Hit Apply button
- Select ok Option
How To Resolve Sage 50 Unresponsive In Windows 10 or after the update of windows 10?
Method 1: Completely uninstall and re-install Actian Zen/Pervasive:
- First of all, close Close 50 Accounting
- Open run Window
- Enter the control panel and then hit ok
- Choose Program and Features
- Now uninstall the listed version of Actian PSQL 13 Workgroup R2
- Close the Control Panel
- Again open Run Window
- Enter C:\, and then Hit ok
- If there, delete the folders which say pvsw & pvswarch
- Now check if there is a file named PSQL_V[version number]_Install.log
- After this browse C:\Windows
- Delete pvsw.log
- Search C:\ProgramData
- Name Pervasive app folder to OldPervasive software
- Browse to C:\Program Files(x86)
- Now give a name to the Actian folder to OLDActian
- Locate C:\Program Files\Common Files
- Close the System
- Open run window
- Enter Regedit
- Hit ok
- Give right-click on the Computer
- Select Export button
- Now save the registry backup to the computer’s desktop
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node
- Check if appear pervasive software & PEYX489ZK
- Close the editor named Registry
Do you know what are the root causes behind Sage 50 Error Installing Pervasive and what you can do when you go to fix the issue.
Method 2: Sharing Security & Permissions:
If the permissions of the data folder are incorrect, it leads to slowing down the performance of Sage 50 in Windows 10. Ensure that you mapped each workstation directly with the network drive to the shared folder instead of the sub-folder. If there are mapping issues, then remap the drive
Method 3: Check the company file size:
The size of the Sage 50 company file has a direct impact on its performance. It results in delays and loading time. Hence verify the company file with the below pointers:
- Choose Help option
- Hit the “Support Utilities” button
- Click File Statistics
- The larger-sized company must be purged to delete irrelevant records or transactions. It in turn results in decreasing the size of the company file.
You can also get full details about why Sage 50 Won’t Open Company? And what the process to troubleshoot Sage 50 Can’t Open Company File.
Method 4: Fix Sage 50 not respond Window 10 errors with the UAC option:
Sometimes User Account Control is not permitting Sage 50 in accessing the shared program files, so you need to disable it and consult with Sage technicians more on Sage 50 Chat. Follow the instructions:
- Initially, Click on the Windows Start option
- Enter UAC into the search box
- Click Change User Account Control Settings
- Now move the slider bar to go to the Never notify Option
- Once reached hit ok
- It will display “Do you want to allow this app to make changes?”
- Hit ok
- Restart the System to let the System apply the changes
Solve Sage 50 Won’t Respond to Windows 10 Problem
Method 5: Resolve Not Responding Windows 10 with Managing Processor and Memory speed:
- The first thing you are supposed to check is whether your System meets the minimum RAM and processor requirements for the installed Sage version. System requirement failures often make a barrier to the smooth running of the application and create compatibility issues.
- The next step is to verify the ram and processor in your System or each workstation if running a multi-access feature. It is recommended to have a minimum of 2GB RAM in each System.
- If you are running a server, check the performance of Sage in the Server; if it is low, it will slow down the speed in every workstation.
- Open the run window and enter MSConfig and then ok to permit the program to apply changes.
- Hit Yes button
- Click Boot option
- Choose Advanced options
- In case you select the Number of processors, then clear them
- Hit ok
- Restart the System
Method 6: Verify Space in Hard Drive and Virtual Memory:
Not Responding to Windows 10 errors in Sage is generally due to the space issue. Make sure each system hard drive must have a minimum of 1 GB or thrice the size of the company database free space. To free space, you can use widely used utilities like Defragmenter or Windows Disk Cleanup. The virtual memory in the System must be set to match the RAM on the machine.
Method 7: Data Entry and Background Applications:
It is a prevalent cause of Window’s slow performance when multiple background applications are running with the Sage software. So it is the best decision if you check out the services in the Startup items with Selective Startup. If the issue persists, then modify the Action items settings or Global items. Let’s know-how.
Changing Global options:
- Hit Option and then choose the Global button
- Click General option
- Select one or more options below to improve performance
- Delete smart data entry
- Hit ok
Action items Settings:
- Go to Tasks and then click Action items
- Hit Options and then select the Transactions option
- Delete each “create event” button
- Click on Tab named Startup
- Delete Display Action items every time you open a new company file
- Hit ok
- Choose Close button
Method 8: Enlarge the Memory buffer size of Connection Manager:
- First, close the Sage 50
- Hit the Windows System tray buttons
- Click Sage 50 Connection Manager
- Change the default size to 128 MB
- Hit Stop Service
- Click Restart service
Sage 50 not Responding after the windows 11 update
Windows 11 was supposed to include advanced enhancements, such as buttons, advanced gestures to manage several options, improvements to the appearance of the system, and integrated apps. These features convinced Sage users to switch to Windows 11 because it would give them an edge in business. But when they try to open Sage 50 after installing Windows 11, suddenly it freezes or crashes. They might have encountered one of these issues like installing an old version or misconfigured settings- AccountsPro is compiled with a guide that can assist you in fixing this error.
Reasons why Sage 50 is not working after Windows 11 update
Here are the reasons a Sage 50 might not respond:
- A damaged or corrupted installation of the Windows 11 update
- An incomplete or corrupted update
- Corrupted files have been upgraded
Solution Steps for Sage 50 Locking After Windows 11 Update
Here are the solution steps for Sage 50 Freezes After Windows 11 Updates:
Step 1: Check Sage 50 compatibility mode
- Locate the Sage 50 icon and give right-click on it
- Click Properties button
- Choose Compatibility option
- Click on the compatibility mode tab and tap on the drop-down option
- Select windows 11
- Sage 5o with your admin rights
- Make sure the scales of High DPI gets a large priority
- Perform the changes on your local machine
Step 2: Delete currently open companies from the registry
- Press the Windows + R button to open the run window
- Type “regedit” in the Search box and press enter button
- Choose File from the menu bar and then click the Export tab.
- Applying the “All” option
- Enter Sage 50 and then hit the button for “Save”
- When you’re done, it will back up the registry
- Open “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePeachtreeVersion(Version #).” This will take you to the window where your software version information is stored. Now simply scroll down and make a note of which flavor version it was installed on.
- It will display the companies with their company directory
- Delete the company file with right-click on the company file and then pressing the Delete button.
Step 3: Upgrade the Sage 50
Make sure you have the upgraded version of Sage 50, if you don’t you have been prepared for the upgrade process
- Take the proper backup of your data
- Find the current version of Sage 50 that appears in the system
- Want to upgrade the Sage 50 to the latest release Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Sage 50
- Search for Help
- Press the About tab.
- See the section named Program Details
- Now the program directory address
Step 4: Crash on Windows 11
If the Sage 50 program suddenly crashes, restarts, or turns out to be inaccurate on Windows 11, there are a few possible causes behind it. Some of these reasons include:
- Unsustainable resolution
- VRAM not enough
- Poor GPU drivers
- An outdated BIOS
Resolve the Sage 50 Crash On Windows 11 Error by fixing the VRAM issue, Incompatible driver, Changing the screen resolution.
Step 5: Reinstall Sage 50 not open after Windows 11 Update
- Open the Sage official website
- Hit the Sage 50 accounts tab
- Later, run the downloaded file
- Select Install Sage 50 Accounting
- Install the Sage 50 system by following these easy steps:
- For a more secure login, use the system’s admin login
- Search the Sage 50 installation disc
- Press Install Software
- If you’ve downloaded the Sage 50 accounts installation file
- Double-click on the file, and then click the Run button.
- Mark the checkbox button to select the terms & conditions, which are required to proceed.
- Press the Next button
- To see if the directory path address matches the installation path, type the following command into your terminal: nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
- Check if the directory path address matches the installation path
- Press the Next tab to proceed
- Choose one of the three upgrade options
- Click the Yes tab to begin the installation
- Open the Sage 50 Accounts
Sage 50 has Stopped working
Your Sage 50 Accounting software has stopped working. The program generally fails to open while trying the latest release, in which case some problems need to be resolved. The software needs to be closed now until this is completed.
Causes when Sage 50 Accounting Not Working
There are several different reasons why Sage 50 may not respond to errors. Take a look at an exhaustive list of situations that can trigger non-responding issues.
- Some of the processes running on PCs present issues
- If the Microsoft .NET install is corrupted
- When the network drive gets disconnected
- Pervasive is not activated
- If the user hasn’t configured an edition of the Pervasive application
Steps to Fix Sage 50 has Stopped Working
Our Sage 50 Technical Support Team has offered various solutions on which you can seek help when you’re struggling with your issue. We need some time to investigate your issue, so please be patient and understand we are doing what’s best for you.
- Update your Sage software with the Latest Version.
- To ensure compatibility with various devices and browsers, we recommend changing your Compatibility settings.
- The Sage 50-U.S. Edition is run as Administrator
- Reboot your PC and try to open the program again
- Force the Splash Screen to Open
- Microsoft provides both an automatic and manual update process for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Network Drive shares files with computers on your local network and is mapped to a unique IP address, rather than the computer name.
- There are many different language settings that you can use when using this service.
The Sage 50 program is not responding or nothing happens When Logging In
The Sage 50 program may not respond or show no activity when logging in due to compatibility issues with the OS or antivirus software or due to corrupt files. Solutions include updating software, disabling antivirus temporarily, repairing or reinstalling the program, or seeking support from Sage.
Reasons for the inactivity of the Sage 50 program when logging in
- In cases when compatibility mode is enabled, Sage stops interacting with Windows XP.
- The computer is either low on available RAM or has run out of space and cannot open the program.
- When your network or server is slow and not responding quickly enough, running a program locally can be difficult.
- The message that you are getting is caused by processes that Windows doesn’t notice. This can be seen in the program’s context menus, and it’s unnecessary. Windows assumes that the program is busy with its processes and adds an extra few words, “not responding.”
Solution Steps for the Sage of Doing Nothing when user logging in
#1: Verify that you are using the correct icon
- Make sure you’re using the correct shortcut to launch the latest version of Sage 50CA
- It’s important to update your Taskbar shortcuts when you upgrade your application. If you haven’t yet, make sure the old shortcut is replaced by the most recent one.
- Using the correct shortcuts, launch Sage 50 CA within seconds.
#2: Disable compatibility mode with Windows XP
- Right-click on the Sage 50 icon that’s on your desktop.
- Choose Properties
- Visit the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck Run this Program in compatibility mode for Windows.
- Select OK.
#3: Run as administrator
- Right-click on the Sage 50 icon that’s on your desktop.
- Choose Properties
- Visit the Compatibility tab.
- Choose Run as Administrator
- Select OK
- Make sure you no longer receive the not responding error message
#4: Reboot the computer (if .SAI file is stored locally and/or shared with other users)
- If a suspected network issue pops up, try to copy the data locally (File > Save a copy) so it’s not lost. It’s also important to back up the data in case anything ever happens.
- If your copy is very slow, it might not be coming from the server but from an issue in your network. It could be something that’s happening on the network or in case of a temporary server problem.
- Reboot the systems of your choice after ensuring that everyone has logged out and or rebooted the router or switch if it’s a network issue
#5: Restart the Connection Manager service
- Go to the Windows Start button on the bottom left of your screen.
- In Search programs and files, type “services.msc”
- In the Services.msc window, right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager, and select Properties.
- Select Restart
Sage 50 Backup Unresponsive/ Not Responding
If you can’t log into Sage 50, it can be frustrating. If you encounter an error message like “Sage not started,” it will hinder access to the software, or it may crash. If you don’t do anything, it can lead to the loss of resources and a waste of time.
Reason Behind the Error “Backup Not Responding” Issue in Sage 50 2023
To apply the correct solution method, you must first understand the root cause of the error. Once you understand the exact reason, you can easily apply it.
- In Sage Accounting Software, if you have a too large SAJ Folder, you may encounter a backup error.
- There can be storage inflation on large scale in SAJ Folder due to the storage of various older backfiles. This can also result in the same error.
If you are searching for a solution to a problem, we can help you solve the problem easily. Sage 50 Backup not working error message in sage 50 follow our below-mentioned resolution steps and get your problem resolved right away.
Solutions for the backup file not opening in Sage 50 2023
- First, Close Sage 50.
- Navigate to the location of your data file in Windows Explorer.
- Find the ‘.SAJ’ folder and double-click to open its contents.
- If there are backups that exist (.cab files), move them to a different location outside the .SAJ folder.
- Now simply check inside the MySQL folder to see if there is a backup.
- Now try to back up the company file again.
- Also, fix Sage 50 Unable to open company file error
If you can’t save a backup or Sage 50 freezes when creating a backup.
Some related errors that users may face:
- The size of my backup file is too big; I can’t save a backup
- Sage 50 becomes unresponsive when creating a backup
- Sage 50 becomes freezes when creating a backup
- The backup process is taking too long
- Why is the size of my backup file too big? (eg they double in size up to 2 GB)
- I have some problems restoring my backups, not enough space or it takes too much time to restore or save the backup
- Error: “cannot verify the integrity of the backup”
- The size of my backup doubles every time I backup my company data
- Every time I backup my company data, the .cab file is twice the size it was since the last backup
- Sage 50 Not responding or Backup freezes
Reasons for Sage 50 Backup Not Working or Sage 50 freezes when creating a backup
Reasons for saving backup or other files inside the company SAJ folder
- There are damaged or wrong files in your company data folder
- There are erroneous folders in your company data folder
- User Account Control Settings
- Incorrect sharing permissions
- Large Attachments Folder
Solution Steps for Sage 50 freeze when creating a new backup
- Step one: Uncheck the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for” in the Compatibility tab
- Step two: Create a new folder named “Backup”, if one does not already exist.
- Step three: Cleanup the rest of the computer of these large backup files(TEMP folder, .CAB files)
- Step four: Be aware that if you restore any backup files that have .CAB files within the SAJ folder
Option B: High CPU but low disk usage when creating a backup in 2017.x
Warning: Modifying the Windows registry without knowledge or expertise can cause computer damage. Seek a computer professional. Please contact the support team as they will assist with the investigation and escalate the query on your behalf.
Sage 50 not responding or closing the program when the user tries to Email a form
The Sage 50-US version becomes unresponsive, does not respond, and locks up, closed when a user tries to attempt e-mail forms. Always back up your data before moving with advanced solutions.
- Step 1: Reinstall Sage 50 E-mail Writer
- Delete the E-Mail Writer and repair Sage 50—U.S. Edition
- Delete the E-Mail Writer and reinstall it manually
- Step 2: Reassign the Printer Port
- Step 3: Print Spooler is damaged
- Note: If you receive an Error 1053 or a Spooler SubSystem App you will need to contact your IT Professional to correct any Windows issues.
- Step 4: Disable or Change the Windows Areo Theme on Windows 7
- Step 5: Delete the Damaged form (.frm) file and recreate it or restore custom forms from a backup
Sage timeslips Not Responding
Timeslips appear to freeze or the user gets the Not Responding message when opening it in Windows.
Cause of Sage timeslips Not Working
- Outlook problems can happen when users do not properly configure their preferences on their machines.
- This problem can be caused by the linked accounting program not responding properly
- With multiple instances of Timeslips attempting to start, you might encounter errors like this
Resolution for Sage timeslips Won’t Respond
When Timeslips starts, it will try to connect with Outlook. That’ll go fine for a moment, but then Outlook can significantly slow Timeslips down and not allow entry into the program. To fix this issue, follow these instructions:
- Start the Windows Task Manager
- Under the Processes tab, if multiple instances of Timeslip.exe or Timeslip.exe *32 are present, click on each one and select End process
- Under the Processes tab, highlight Outlook.exe and select End process
- Timeslips may try to connect to Outlook up to three times before it will allow entry. Please continue to close Outlook.exe when it appears
- Once Timeslips is started, go to Setup, Performance Settings, and uncheck Outlook Link
- Close Timeslips and restart it. The program should open normally.
Sage 50 Running So Slow
My Sage 50 system seems to be runnily slow, Why?
Unfortunately, there is no quick and easy answer for this one. It’s a question that the Sage 50 Consultant Support team gets asked a lot by customers with a desire for help to fix the issue quickly. Email support can’t always be fixed quickly and you may have to go through troubleshooting steps before getting any results.
Steps to Fix Peachtree/Sage 50 Running So Slow
- Run Sage 50 as an Administrator
- You will need to run Malware bytes and Adw Cleaner to clean the system
- Reboot the Computer
- Clean Windows Temp Folder
- Verify User Preferences
- Open Sample Company
- CPU and Physical Memory Usage
- Enhance the Memory Buffer Size of the Connection Manager
- Clear Data
- Posting Transactions Takes A Very Long Time
Hopefully, the above article is helpful to resolve the Slow performance in Sage 50 not responding or Stop Working in Windows 10 and 11 when accessing Sage 50. However, other technical glitches freeze the Windows 10 or delay opening Sage to know in-depth reach the Sage 50 Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
How can I run the compatibility mode in Sage 50?
✅ Give right-click on the Sage icon
✅ Hit the Properties option
✅ Choose the “Compatibility tab”
✅ Verify Run this software in compatibility mode for
✅ Select the correct OS which says Windows 7 or 8 10 or 11
✅ Hit Apply and then the ok button
What are the impacts of Sage 50 Not Responding to Windows 10 errors?
✅ Software hangs or slow
✅ Hesitant program
How can I verify the data file permissions settings in Windows 10?
✅ First of all, give right-click on the Shared folder
✅ Choose the “Properties option.”
✅ Hit Sharing button
✅ Select the Advanced Sharing Tab
✅ Give a click on the box named Shared; This folder
✅ Hit Permissions
✅ Choose ”Add”
✅ Enter the particular Windows groups or usernames that will require access to Sage 50
✅ Now add to the group named System.
✅ Hit Check Names to check the usernames as entered previously
✅ Select the ok button
✅ Write the name of the added group as Full Control
✅ Hit ok and then again choose ok if prompt Advanced Sharing Window
✅ Choose the Security option
✅ Check Administrators & systems with Full control
✅ Hit ok
How do I purge the data in Sage 50?
✅ Firstly locate the Tasks and then click System
✅ Hit Purge Wizard
✅ Select the Next button
✅ Give a click on the Backup Option, after the backup completion, hit the Next button
✅ Now apply the ending date for the purge
✅ Unselect the transaction types you do not require to purge
✅ Hit Next
✅ Choose the Reconciliation options if needed
✅ Give a click on the Next
✅ Review and then hit Begin Purge
How can I clean the Windows Temp folder to fix the Sage performance issue?
✅ Enter %temp% in the run box
✅ Select all the folders and files
✅ Choose the Delete button
How to force close the Sage 50 program?
✅ Select Ctrl, Alt, then Delete at the same time.
✅ Select Start Task Manager.
✅ Select the Processes tab.
✅ Locate the Peachw.exe file.
✅ Right-click on Peachw.exe and select End Process or End Task.
✅ Verify that Sage 50 is now closed.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1-800-983-3087, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
Support – We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud)
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
4 thoughts on “Sage 50 Not Responding, Stop Respond, Not Working Windows 10 or 11 Issue”
Sage 50 is not responding, no just “not responding” won’t open database using Sage 2013 , i have bought 2021 but I just finished a year end and was attempting to create an account copy when this occurred
I am having an issue with Sage, I have just updated the sage from v27 to v28, and now I am getting the error message, server is busy using the latest v28 Sage 50 Accounts 2021
I am trying to email purchase orders to myself in SAGE 50 but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t – it comes up and says failed to output to email as out of memory – the report being generated is too large for the amount of memory currently available
I have Sage downloaded on my computer but the program keeps not responding when opening a database.