Unable To Start Sage 50 Connection Manager
- 1 Unable To Start Sage 50 Connection Manager
- 2 Reasons Why Sage 50 Connection Manager Won’t Run
- 3 Methods To Fix Sage Connection Manager Could Not Be Started
- 4 Sage 50 Connection Manager service is not running on the computer where data is located
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (faqs)
- 5.1 What is the Sage 50 Connection Manager?
- 5.2 How do I set up the Sage 50 accounting connection manager?
- 5.3 How do I enable Sage Connection Manager?
- 5.4 How do I restart Sage Connection Manager?
- 5.5 What if the Sage 50 Connection Manager is installed but not running?
- 5.6 Why is Sage 50 accounting unable to close the database connection?
- 5.7 Where do I need to install the Connection Manager?
Sage 50 Connection Manager is an essential tool that needs to be run in the background and also needs to be updated on a regular basis. It also helps to fix database connectivity issues and problems. Accounting is now necessary for all business owners, whether it is small, medium, or big organizations. Nowadays in the market, there is much software available but Sage is one of the most reliable and best accounting software that every person can trust. However sometimes while working with Sage an error comes such as ” The connection manager service could not be started”. These issues may be a big error. AccountsPro team covers this issue and helps you to rectify the error or you can directly contact Sage 50 Support Number for assistance.
Error you get
While working with Sage 50 sometime you receive some errors such as mentioned below:
The Connection Manager service cannot be started without Administrator rights, as it requires elevated privileges to function.
The Sage 50 connection manager is not operational on the computer where your data is stored.
The connection manager failed to initiate the database engine.
Reasons Why Sage 50 Connection Manager Won’t Run
The Sage 50 Connection Manager service may not run due to the following reasons:
- The Connection Manager service is not running on the same computer where the company data is stored.
- If the data is stored locally on the computer, the Connection Manager settings will be disabled.
- If the data is located on a server, the Connection Manager should be installed and running on the server, not locally.
- During a computer upgrade process, the Connection Manager might encounter issues.
- Windows may not be updated to the latest version, causing compatibility problems.
- If the data is stored in local folders (e.g., “My Folder”), file sharing and security settings could be compromised.
- The program installation may not have been completed successfully, even if it was indicated as complete.
- Upgrading to Windows 10 might disable the service, or it may fail to start automatically.
Methods To Fix Sage Connection Manager Could Not Be Started
The Connection Manager service could not be started. You need administrator rights to start the service. Below are the solutions to resolve the above error, following which one can resolve the errors by coming back to Sage Helpdesk for more information or any help.
Method 1: Check for Windows updates
- First, check if there is any Windows update pending and waiting to be installed
- If yes first install the Windows updates
- Now reboot the computer
Method 2: Use a Profile with Administrator Rights
- Check that your Profile has administrator rights on the computer
- Go to Control Panel >> User Accounts and make sure that you have administrator rights
- Select the Windows Start button >> All programs >> Sage
- Now right-click on the Sage 50 Connection Manager and after that click on Run as administrator
- If the computer is asking for any username and password, type the fields which are asking, and after that start the services again
Method 3: Check the Startup type
- Go to Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> >Services
- Now right-click the Sage 50 Database connection manager and select the Properties
- Go to General Tab and check the status of the Startup type, if it is disabled set it to Automatic
- Select the login tab. Mention the name of the user account and password which you use to log in to Windows and click Apply
- Note: If there is no password on your account, add one using the User Accounts section of the Control Panel
- Choose the General Tab
- Select Start to restart the service then exit the service settings
- If you are using Vista on the computer, you select Automatic(Delayed Start ) as the Startup type. If this procedure generates a 1069 Sage 50 Error then return to the account information and select Browse. Check the name mentioned in the fields. If still error exists by selecting the correct name, either this account does not have full administrative rights to the computer, or the service should not be set o run locally
- If still, the error persists start the connection manager and revert back to the local system account It may work and start the service with no error
Method 4: Check the Services
- Go to the Start button
- Under the search programs and files, key in “services” and after that select Enter
- Go to Windows start >> control panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services
- Do double-click on Sage 50 Database Connection manager
- Change the Startup type: to Automatic ( or Automatic (Delayed Start ) if you are using Windows Vista)
- Select Ok
- Select Start Services in the connection manager window.
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall
- First Uninstall Sage 50 Accounting
- Reinstall Sage 50 Accounting as an administrator. Go to C:\Sage
- Now open the installer files for the Sage 50 version and now run the launch.exe as the administrator
- Install any updates when required
Sage 50 Connection Manager service is not running on the computer where data is located
- Windows services settings might disable the Connection Manager service if the data is local
- The Connection Manager is not installed and running on the server where the data is stored
- Not all installations on a network are upgraded during an upgrade, especially the data storage computer
- There is a pending Windows Update
- The file sharing and security settings may be corrupt if the data is in My Documents or any other folder on the computer
- There was a problem with the installation of the program.
- Update Windows if any are pending.
- Temporarily disable antivirus or any other security program.
- Make sure Connection Manager is the same version on the server and the workstation.
- Make sure Connection Manager is the same version on the server and the workstation.
Solutions to Fix Sage 50 Connection Manager service is not running on the computer where data is located
You can resolve the ‘Sage 50 Connection Manager service is not running on the computer where data is located’ error message using one of the following three methods:
Solution 1: To start the Sage 50 Connection Manager using the icon in the System tray
Please follow these steps to manage the Sage 50 Connection Manager:
- To access the Sage 50 Connection Manager, locate its icon in the System tray (usually located in the lower right corner of your desktop near the clock). Double-click the icon. If your data is hosted on a server, repeat these steps on the server.
- If you can’t find the icon, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\winsim\ConnectionManager.
- Once you are in the Connection Manager folder, double-click on the file named Simply.SystemTrayIcon.exe.
- Check the status displayed in the Connection Manager. If it shows “Running: No,” click on the “Start Service” option to initiate the service.
- If the status shows “Running: Yes,” click on “Stop Service” first and then click on “Start Service” to restart it.
- If you cannot find the buttons for starting or stopping the service, consider performing an installation repair or uninstall Sage 50 and then reinstall it. For more detailed instructions, refer to the related resources.
Solution 2: To start the Connection Manager Service in Windows Services
Follow these steps to manage the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager:
- On the Windows Taskbar, use the Search function to find “Services.”
- Double-click the “Services” app from the search results.
- Scroll down in the services list and locate “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.” Check the “Startup Type” column, which should be either Disabled, Automatic, or Automatic (Delayed Start).
- If it’s currently set to “Disabled,” right-click on “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager,” and select “Properties.”
- In the “General” tab of the Properties window, change the “Startup type” to either “Automatic” or “Automatic (Delayed Start).”
- Click “Apply” to save the changes.
- Click “Start” to initiate the service.
- Try opening the database now to see if the issue is resolved.
- If the “Startup Type” is set to “Automatic” or “Automatic (Delayed Start),” but the “Service Status” shows “Starting” instead of “Started”:
- Ensure that Sage 50 is closed.
- Access the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and clicking on the “Processes” tab.
- Click the “Show processes from all users” button.
- End all related Sage 50 processes, especially “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.”
- If you encounter difficulties in ending the process, try restarting your computer to clear out the cache.
- Return to the Services window, right-click on “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager,” and select “Start.”
- The Service Status should now display “Started” or “Running.”
- Open your Sage 50 file again to check if the issue has been resolved.
In case it does not open then uninstall the Sage 50 connection manager.
Solution 3: Check for the existence of the C:\Program file
Follow these steps to resolve the issue with the Sage 50 Connection Manager:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the C:\ drive.
- Look for a file named “Program” without any file extension. This file should have a very small size.
- Rename this file to “Program1.”
- Attempt to start the Sage 50 Connection Manager service again.
Also moves your business accounting on Sage 50 Cloud Hosting which gives you more power to manage accounting without any technical glitches .
Seeking help? Simply dial 📞 1-800-983-3087 and get connect yourself to Sage Experts. The Sage Helpdesk team is professional, and polite, and is trained to solve in that way so that they could solve the errors in minimal time with complete satisfaction. Experts are available 24*7 to assist the customers. You can also email to AccountsPro team and you will be contacted by one of the Sage experts or go for the Sage 50 Chat live team. All the experts are always updated with the latest information and the latest tools and software so that they can provide you with the latest and advanced information and protection.
Frequently Asked Questions (faqs)
What is the Sage 50 Connection Manager?
The Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager controls requests from Sage 50 Accounting and third-party software to connect to your company’s data. The Connection Manager must be installed on the computer or server where your company data is stored.
✅ Sage 50 Accounting uses the Connection Manager to manage access to its MySQL database
✅ Sage 50 is a real-time application, and the Connection Manager updates the data changes in real time without requiring manual changes
✅ The Sage 50 Connection Manager controls requests from Sage 50 and third-party software allowing connection to a company data file
✅ In a multi-user environment (Premium and Quantum editions only), it allows the second user access to the database so they can make changes in real-time to the main data file
How do I set up the Sage 50 accounting connection manager?
Open the Sage 50 Accounting program group and look for Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager in the list. Click Start Service and proceed to Step 5. If it is not on the list: Insert your Sage 50 Accounting installation disc into the computer.
How do I enable Sage Connection Manager?
You can also open the Connection Manager:
✅ Click the Start menu and choose Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager from the Sage 50 Accounting 201x program group.
✅ From within Sage 50 Accounting by selecting Setup and then Connection Manager.
How do I restart Sage Connection Manager?
Select the Windows Start button > All Programs, then Sage. Right-click Sage 50 Connection Manager > Run as Administrator. If prompted for a username and password, type in the required fields and try starting the service again.
What if the Sage 50 Connection Manager is installed but not running?
You are getting this error message because the external drive or NAS doesn’t have the connection manager installed on it. You will need to move the data locally to a computer that runs the full version of Sage 50 Accounting.
Why is Sage 50 accounting unable to close the database connection?
This message appears when Sage 50 Accounting is unable to close the database connection. It is possible that the engine is processing a very complex request and cannot respond, or that your computer is very low on resources and cannot complete the request to close the database connection.
Where do I need to install the Connection Manager?
✅ The Connection Manager is installed on every computer where Sage 50 is installed
✅ It must be installed on the computer or server where the data is stored
✅ It can only be installed on a Windows OS environment and cannot be installed on Mac OS, Linux system, or NAS drive
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1-800-983-3087, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
Support – We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud)
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support