How To Import .CSV Into QuickBooks ?
When you use QuickBooks, it is very clear that you want your accounts and transactional details to be stored properly and retrieved quickly whenever required.
With QuickBooks Desktop, you have the freedom to put in the data into the rows and columns manually, but the large volume of details that are stored in the Excel sheet or CSV file makes it difficult for users to be accurate enough in putting in the entry manually. Thus, importing CSV into QuickBooks becomes important.
Do you want to Import QuickBooks Invoices in one shot then find out full instruction and guide by AccountsPro
Step By Step Process Importing CSV In QB
Prior to beginning with the import of CSV into QuickBooks, it is crucial to make sure you have installed the toolkit. This particular toolkit consists of:
- A Manual – It is a PDF document that contains instructions, best practices, and notes related to QuickBooks import CSV.
- CSV Files Folder – The folder contains 4 sample CSV files.
- XLS Files Folder – It contains one Excel file that has 4 worksheets.
- Allowed Fields – A user guide that assists users with the files that could be used for Excel and CSV import.
Also, QuickBooks PDF Convertor tool should be updated and compatible with latest QB edition otherwise issue will come during email invoices, import transactions etc.
Step 1: Install the Toolkit
- Click on file download to open the window and download the toolkit.
- Click Save
- On the Windows desktop, double-click on exe. The WinZip Self-Extractor window will open up.
- Click Browse and choose the location you want the installed toolkit to be saved.
- Click OK after selecting the location.
- Choose Unzip in order to take out the contents of the folder.
- Click Close and the WinZip Self-Extractor window will shut.
- Go to the location you have saved the toolkit in and open the CSV folder along with the QuickBooks Import Excel.
Step 2: Import CSV into QuickBooks
- On the left-side menu of the folder that you opened in Step 1(8), click on Banking.
- Select Update drop-down or the option Upload transactions manually.
- Click on File to upload/File Upload.
- Select Browse and go for the .CSV folder file saved on your system.
- Click on Next.
- Choose the account you want to import in the QuickBooks account that you are handling.
- Click on Next
- Map the specific fields
- Click Next again
- Choose the files you need to import
- Click Next
- Choose Yes on the numeric notification that appears
- Click on Finish
And your import will complete. To see the imported files, you can go to the Download Transactions window.
Help QuickBooks Import CSV File Failed, Damaged , Corrupted
NOTE: You cannot only use this approach for importing the CSV files but also for the import of banking transactions, chart of accounts, lists of customers, vendors, etc, credit card transactions, and more.
Though the steps to import the CSV files into QuickBooks are properly mentioned above, there might be instances where you face issues or QuickBooks Error Code relating to the accomplishment of the process.
You don’t need to worry at all in that case. Our reputed professionals are always available to help and guide you. You can call the experts on QuickBooks Support Number at any hour of the day without