Setting Up Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) in QuickBooks
QuickBooks accounting software comprise many features that help in the smooth functioning of the business. During the tax payment season the software allows to pay your business taxes with the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). When you opt the for EFTPS feature, you are assigned a password and a four-digit pin number. QuickBooks application this pin number for your identity verification and safeguard your account. You are supposed to enter your password and PIN when you submit an electronic payment to EFTPS through QuickBooks. Also you can check QuickBooks E-file Tax Form to find out all tax form you can file in QB .
Why is EFTPS enrollment necessary?
Apart from paying electronically your 940 and 941/944 tax form, you also need to enroll to the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) before e-paying. In fact, all new businesses are enrolled earlier to EFTPS by the IRS.
The EFTPS is a free service of the U.S. Department of the Treasury that is used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for employer tax payments. Upon enrolling to EFTPS, you will be given the 4-digit EFTPS PIN and the Internet Password. Both credentials are required when e-paying your 940 and 941/944.
What are the essential requirements of e-pay 940 and 941/944 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Subscription of Enhanced Payroll
- Latest payroll update
- Supported QuickBooks Desktop version
- Strong internet connection
- The 4-digit EFTPS PIN and the password that is provided after EFTPS enrollment.
In case you are to E-pay 940 and 941/944:
For the first time if you are paying e-pay 940 and 941/944, you are supposed to complete the EFTPS enrollment. Because IRS pre-enrolled new businesses, the process in completing the EFTPS enrollment vary depending on when you started your business:
How to Enter your EFTPS Pin in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooksprogram
- Click Employees-> Select Payroll Center
- Click on the federal e-payment you want to file in the Pay Scheduled Liabilities section.
- Go to the bottom of the window and click “View/Pay”
- Click the button next to E-Payment.
- Click E-Pay-> to open the E-Pay log in window
- Enter your EFTPS password and PIN twice.
- Mention the contact information like: a phone number and email address
- Click Submit.
- If you forget your PIN, call EFTPS customer support at (800) 555-8778.
- You can also make payments over the phone by calling EFTPS at (800) 555-3453
How to Enter your EFTPS Pin in QuickBooks ?
If you have an active EFTPS account you will have to configure e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Online.
- Go to Taxes.
- Select the Payroll Tax tab.
- Click Edit your e-file and e-pay setup.
Troubleshooting EFTPS Issues/ Error QuickBooks Pro, Premier , Enterprise
For more information about e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Online you can contact QuickBooks Enterprise support through phone, email or live chat option. Or else you can connect to other QB agencies like Accountspro that houses efficient support team that handles all QB errors and queries in a very short time. Call to the toll free number ☎ +1-800-474-0179 and garner efficient services instantly.