Why is Sage Fixed Assets Database Conversion Required?
Whether you own a small, medium, or a big scale business, tracking assets must be one of the most significant yet most bothersome tasks that you or your accounting team has to go through. Companies tend to face a lot of hurdles trying to track the various elements of their fixed assets including but not limited to location, condition, quantity, depreciation status, as well as maintenance. Sage Fixed Assets Database conversion allows you to do all of the above and much more with utmost efficiency and accuracy. Moreover if you need assistance from data experts , you can dial Sage 24/7 Support Number for help .
We hope, by now, you understand the significance of using Sage Fixed Assets to track and maintain the fixed assets of your company. Now, let us take a look at some of the things you may need to know if you are planning on Sage Fixed Assets Database conversion.
Latest Updates In Sage FAS Edition
The latest version of Sage FAS 2021. 0 includes the following updates:
- Ability to add 13 more depreciation books, to the existing 7 books
- Adjustable book columns in Asset Detail
- CARES Act tax updates
- Popular reports display the Asset Group name on all pages
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) field available in Sage Fixed Assets—Reporting
Find out full details about How To Convert Sage 2020 Data To Sage 2021, step by instruction and guide.
How To Update Sage FAS?
Step By Step Instruction To Download , Install and apply update Sage Fixed Assets
Before you try to update Sage FAS its important to take Sage FAS Backup properly , you should be aware that there are certain prerequisites for the software to run properly:
- This update requires that you have .NET 4.5.2 installed. If, during the installation, it is detected that the NET 4.5.2 framework is not presently available on your system, it will install it. Once the .NET installation is done, a reboot is required before you can install Sage Fixed Assets.
- Additionally, you also need to meet the requirements for the Crystal 2016 runtime: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86)
You may have already received a notification via the Sage Advisor Update about the release of the latest update. If you haven’t, follow the below-mentioned steps to locate the new release:
- Click on Start >> All Programs >> Sage >> Sage Advisor Update
- If you don’t see 2021.0 release, press “Check for Updates”
- Once you find the latest release, click on it and then select “Download & Install” or “Download only” and follow the on-screen prompts
Once you have successfully located the latest release, you now need to update your Sage FAS to the latest version of Sage Fixed Assets 2021.0. To download the update, go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Sign into your Sage Support account.
- Step 2: Select “My downloads” from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 3: You would see the latest update version under Latest products. Select it.
- Step 4: Select “Run” once prompted to either Run or Save the file. At this point, your system will display the Sage Download Manager dialog.
- Step 5: Select “OK” and your download will begin.
- Step 6: Next, your system will prompt you to install Sage Advisor Update, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package, and Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server if these are not already installed on your computer
- Step 7: Select “Install” and the installation for the missing components will begin.. Once it’s done, you will see a “Welcome” dialogue box at which point you may need to restart the computer.
- Step 8: Now, select “Next” to see the Software License Agreement.
- Step 9: Once you have read the license agreement, select “Yes” to accept the terms and conditions.
- Step 10: Once you accept the terms and conditions, you now need to choose the Destination Location.
- Step 11: Select the file/folder where you would like for the server components to be installed and hit “Next”. This will start the installation procedure and you will see a “Setup Status” prompt.
- Step 12: Once all the files have been installed successfully, you will see a message that states:
- The application will launch the Database Utility, and
- You MUST specify the attachments folder for PDF files attached to images.
- Step 13: Press “OK” and you will see the “Install Shield Wizard Complete” prompt.
- Step 14: Finally, click on “Finish”.
Data Conversion Sage Fixed Assets
What is the Data Conversion Process in Sage Fixed Assets?
Once you have finished updating the latest version of Sage FAS, you will see a dialogue box that asks you if you wish to launch the Database Utility.
If you select “No”, select Start >> Programs >> Sage Fixed Assets >> Tools >> Database Utility – Network Depreciation & Tracking >> Sage Fixed Assets – Database Conversion:
It is important to note here that your current databases must be converted on the server once you upgrade the Sage FAS version and a Database Conversion is a must for all versions of Sage FAS. To do so:
- Step 1: In the Database Utility – Network Depreciation & Tracking, Click “Convert”
- Step 2: Select Next twice and then click on all databases which have the conversion status that says “Ready to Convert”
- Step 3: Now, select “Next” and then hit “Convert”
- Step 4: Select “Close when conversion is complete”
Once this is done, you will see an internet browser window that will show all the databases that have been converted as well as their status.
Before you exit the Database Utility, set up an Attachments folder to contain any PDF files that may be attached to the assets.
Incompatible Conversion Components Error Sage FAS
What should you do for “incompatible conversion components” errors in Sage Fixed Assets?
If you see an “incompatible conversion components” error, this indicates one of two things – either there are multiple versions of this program/product installed or the client hasn’t been updated to the current server yet.
If you are skipping a version, you have to uninstall all the older versions of the Sage FAS first. For instance, if you are attempting to upgrade for Sage FAS version 2018.1 to 2021.0, uninstall the 2018.1 version completely from Programs and Features before you go ahead with the update.
Data Conversion Error Issue Sage FAS Software
What should you do if you get a Sage Data Conversion Error in Sage FAS?
A Data Conversion Error in Sage FAS may happen due to one of the following reasons:
- Computer is locked during a conversion process – keep moving the mouse to ensure this doesn’t happen or disable the lock feature for the time being
- Power outage during the conversion process – wait for the power to be back and stable and try again
- Internet connection lost – If you are using a wireless internet network, try plugging the cable to the internet
- Sage 50 is closed during the conversion process – Open the software and try again
- Computer turned off during a conversion process – Restart your computer
Before you try to fix this, always restore a backup created before the conversion, Moreover, you can also go for Sage Fixed Assets Technical Support if some unknown issue comes up .