Why Does My QuickBooks Say Windows Error File Exists ?
QuickBooks is indeed the best accounting software across the globe. However, despite its splendid features that are promised to users, still persist some obvious technical glitches which users face from time to time.
One such common QuickBooks Error of all time is the ‘File Exists’ error. The user can face the file exist error in QuickBooks, while dealing with different other accounting features like opening a state form, paying for scheduled liabilities, downloading payroll update, etc.
The Reasons For QB Windows Error, ‘The File Exists’
Being a typical error there are a few factors that can lead to the error. Here is the list of some of the most common ones, which requires to be fixed.
- Improper and also outdated firewall
- Inactive internet setting on the system
- Improper internet security settings
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application file
- Lack of admin rights
- Wrong QuickBooks installation
How To Fix Troubleshoot ‘The file exists’ Error Message QuickBooks Desktop ?
Look for the update of QuickBooks
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks and select Product Information
- Step 2: Check if the updated version is installed or not
- Step 3: Check for the latest QuickBooks set up version and also check the year
- Step 4: Select the setup file and install the particular software. Follow the instructions to finish the installation.
In the windows, switch off the settings of User Account Controls
- Step 1: Open the specific Run window
- Step 2: Type in Control Panel in the displayed box and press enter.
- Step 3: Look for the user account and click on the change user account control setting.
- Step 4: Shift the slider Never to send a notification which will turn off the UAC settings.
Provide complete control access to Users
- Step 1: Select the File location of the QuickBooks
- Step 2: Select Backspace and select the properties by doing a right-click on the QuickBooks folder
- Step3: Select Edit and then select Everyone and then click Ok to confirm
The QuickBooks COM Error message is also a similar kind of issue which can easily fix to repair Windows component.
Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
- Step 1: At first, you are required to uninstall the outdated version of QuickBooks from your system and then move to the Control Panel
- Step 2: Download only the latest version of the QuickBooks software available on the official website and ensure to save it and store it in a secure place.
- Step 3: Choose the setup file and then click it. The software will install in your system.
Note:: Please follow the instructions ardently as displayed on the screen.
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error occurred while some Windows and other OS essential file need to be updated.
Windows 10,7,8 “File Already Exists” Error QB Pro,Premier, Enterprise
Also, there are many QuickBooks Repair Tools you can use to repair QB and fix any warning message.
The above steps are very crucial for any business process, since facing the particular error is quite common and obvious. This is why the help of certified personals is imperative to succeed and remove the error once and for all.
For any kind of professional technical assistance on this matter, do not hesitate to connect AccountsPro team on QuickBooks Support Phone Number .