How To Convert QuickBooks From Mac To QuickBooks Windows ?
Get all steps to converting QuickBooks Mac accounting to Windows QuickBooks. All of your data can be imported from the mac version of this accounting software to windows by backing up data from one and restoring into the other. Moreover, this will works for all types of edition, but the user can help the QuickBooks MAC Support team if they want to choose Pro, Premier, Enterprise edition. The steps are explained step by step and all steps are mandatory, also some extra suggestions users can find here given by AccountsPro team. Also, there is a straightforward way and users can find the option in the QB Dashboard for conversion, but after many users feedback, AccountsPro adds some extra steps which protect you from further data loss or damages. Also, it’s not possible to import all the setting QB MAC to Windows and users need to add manually later. Users can get detailed information about what data they can import from QuickBooks MAC to Import QuickBooks Windows and what they can’t do. Some settings can be exported via file, but some settings need to be set up manually. QuickBooks Export Contacts its very easy process and users can do, but some settings like invoices and email creates causes and users will face QuickBooks Won’t Send Email issue later.
Transfer Or Move QB For MAC To Windows Version
Update QuickBooks Mac and Windows
Before we begin the export and import of data, we need to update QuickBooks on both Mac and Windows. To update QuickBooks Mac, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the QuickBooks dropdown
- Click on Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- Click on Install Update, if a new one is available.
- Click on Install and Relaunch after the update has downloaded.
The innovative QuickBooks Hosting solution’s user can opt so they can access QB anywhere irrespective to whether they have a MAC OS system or Windows powered PC.
QuickBooks Mac will restart automatically once the update is finished.
To update QuickBooks Windows, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks and click on the Help
- Click on update QuickBooks Desktop, and select the Update Now
- Mark the Checkbox against the option to Reset Update.
- Click on Get Updates. The update will start downloading.
- Restart QuickBooks, then click on Ok to begin the installation process.
In QuickBooks, users have the option to automate the update process. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- From the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options tab, click on Yes to switch on automatic updates.
- Hit Close.
You have successfully set up QuickBooks to download and install any new updates from Intuit. This isn’t recommended for users who fear new errors because of installing an update. However, if you want the latest features in QuickBooks, installing the latest updates makes a lot of sense.
Migration Process QuickBooks MAC To Windows
Fine Tuning the Company File
In these series of steps, we will guide you to remove any memos with names longer than 50 characters and/or special characters.
To remove such memos, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Reports Click on Custom Transaction Detail Report.
- Select the Date Range, or select All Dates from the dropdown menu.
- Open the desired memo, and remove any special characters from it. Click on Save.
- Repeat the steps for each memo to resolve any issues.
To make things easier, you can sort lists according to name. Consequently, all memos containing special characters will appear at the start of the list. To verify the data, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the File
- Click on Utilities.
- Select Verify Data.
If you encounter any errors, then rename the rest of the momos that don’t adhere to the aforementioned rules. Once the data is verified, you can begin the conversion process.
Backup your Company File
Creating a backup before you begin the migration process is highly recommended. The backup copy of the company file ensures that your data is protected even if an error is encountered during the export process. We further urge you to transfer the backup file to a separate system or server.
To create a backup of the company file using QuickBooks Mac, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the File
- Click on Back Up.
- Select folder for storing the backup of the company file.
- Click on Start Backup.
The time to create a backup file is often proportional to the size of the company file. In QuickBooks Mac, you have the additional option to set automatic updates.
Convert QuickBooks Mac Company File To QuickBooks Desktop
Now you’re prepared to convert QuickBooks mac to windows. The process for the same is provided below:
- Log into an Admin Account.
- From the File menu, click on Export.
- Select To QuickBooks for Windows.
- Type in a file name, and select the folder to save it to.
- Click on Save.
- Enter Password for the company file. Hit Ok, once you get the confirmation message.
- Move the export file to your Windows desktop.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open a Company File.
- Select the company file and click Ok.
Wait for all the data to be imported into QuickBooks Desktop. This is by far the easiest way to import all your data from QuickBooks mac to QuickBooks desktop.
Help Assistance QB For MAC To Windows Conversion Failed
The above mentioned steps are the standard way recommended by Intuit for switching from QB MAC Desktop edition to QuickBooks Windows edition. But not all situations are the same, if you have a very old edition of MAC and you want to convert it into Windows it’s recommended to consult with experts on QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Some cases, MAC user iOS might be an obsolete version or user system have some 3rd party software installed, which manages the basic functionality to run QB on MAC laptop or PC. Also, before using any software or APPs for conversion check first whether it’s available in the Intuit APP Store or recommended by Intuit QuickBooks community users. Also data conversion is a very tricky task and if you forget to take backup data in advance and if any QuickBooks Error occurred during the conversion process you may lose the data.